How did your hair loss change your life ?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I know they can hurt, but someone has to spread the red pill.

Then I look forward to your progression into baldness. You can choke on your red pill. Tell me, when that time comes will you take your own advice and end your life? That's gonna hurt.

Scalpology

Banned
Reaction score
Then I look forward to your progression into baldness. You can choke on your red pill. Tell me, when that time comes will you take your own advice and end your life? That's gonna hurt.
Yes, if I keep losing hair I will increase oral minoxidil dosage to a point where I'm not losing hair. Coincidentally, this is also usually the point where you start getting heart attacks as reported by other people.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I will answer a slightly different but related set of questions. The original questions assume that we are reasonably decent looking with hair with no major flaws. In my case, this is not the case.

How have your physical flaws affected you?

Growing up, I was not aware of my physical flaws. I assumed the fact that if I went to school/college, got a job, was a decent person, then I would do well with the girls. I lived under this delusion till my late 20s - till that time I just considered myself a work in progress. I had my head buried in the sand. I was a NW6 dude with messed up teeth, a feminine voice, an unattractive round face, weak eyebrows. Only when I was nearing 30, did I have to face the fact that there were many physical things I could not fix, and that I would always be undesirable to women. I also realized when I got my completely messed up teeth fixed, near when I was 30, was just how much appearance affects how you view yourself, even if you do not realize it.
Even with the teeth fix, I am still only a 2 on a scale of 1-10. People say we are too harsh on ourselves, but folks, there have to be 1s and 2s, and I belong to this category. As a test, I uploaded a picture of my bro to a hot or not site (I was too chicken to post my own) and got confirmation, lots of 2s, some 3s.

Have you accepted the fact that you're likely going to be alone unless you settle for much less?
Yes. I actually have never had any romantic contact with a girl. Ever. Of any sort. Not even holding hands.
It kills me. I am of the type who believes in self improvement. Are you fat? Get your butt to the gym and lose weight.
Challenge yourself intellectually. Work to make something of yourself. I also have a competitive spirit. As a result, I would not accept a partner less than a 6, and this presents an impasse as I am only a 2.
I believe I could have been a decent rolemodel to my hypothetical kids. But then I think it would be downright selfish of me to pass on my genes with my so many physical flaws.
As neither I or my sibling have any kids, I wonder what will happen to us in old age with no one who would care about us. I wonder when I will have to kill myself when life becomes too difficult alone. Perhaps 60?

How has hair loss affected your overall day to day life ?
Since I have no chances with a decent looking girl, I have become a bit of a social recluse.
p**rn has become a big part of my life as that is the only sexual outlet I get.
I also watch quite a few TV series. It lets me escape into a fantasy world where I look better, where I do not have my flaws, where I speak like a man instead of like a woman, and where women desire me.

During the day I put on a mask and interact with people. The only people who know what is going on inside me are you guys here on hair loss talk. When I visit my parents, and have to stay with them for a while, it becomes a bit difficult to keep this mask on 24/7. They suspect I am not the person I was going on when I was growing up (they have asked me where my enthusiasm has gone), but they dont realize how bad my state is.

I

Did you give up on pursuing a career because of your hair loss ?

Have you removed yourself from the dating scene since you started losing hair ?

Have you accepted the fact that you're likely going to be alone unless you settle for much less than what you could've gotten with a full head of hair ?

Have you considered taking JZA70 out to lunch sometime ?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Of course Sophia, we should pretend that we have a full head of hair, then all our problems would be solved! Genius!

It seems that you completely ignored his post. How is it possible for people to still give such generic and unhelpful advices to hair loss sufferers?

Just be confident and there won't be a problem at all! Yeah right, just be confident. So easy.

The reason, I suspect, is that people do not want to admit that looks and physical traits matter, a lot. We have been told incessantly that placing value on physical traits is superficial, that it is something only men who are pigs do, and so on.

Unfortunately, the truth is that we *wish* we did not care so much about these superficial traits. But that is not the reality.
I mean, ultimately I do not want to kiss a confident, generous, male heart surgeon who donate time to charity. I am geared towards a physical form that is feminine. The external package matters. The ugly truth.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
which is really why i respect the compensation crowd. the compensation crowd realizes the truth as well as we do-that no matter what baldness will reduce your dating market value and you will be uglier

they realize this and make up for it with other things.

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
which is really why i respect the compensation crowd. the compensation crowd realizes the truth as well as we do-that no matter what baldness will reduce your dating market value and you will be uglier

they realize this and make up for it with other things.

I don't think anything can compensate for it when you are young. This quote from a sincere girl that I posted a while ago is how I feel treated every day:

I've been dating this guy for the past few weeks who is pretty much perfect in every way- working on a phd at Harvard, really awesome personality that clicks with mine, well traveled, etc...but he seems to have the beginnings of a receding hairline. He is only 27 so I'm kind of trying to decide if I should go any further because I'm really not attracted to that at all. It sucks, I've seen pictures of him a few years ago, he was really hot with a full head of hair!

And he is not even bald, he has 'the beginnings of a receding hairline'... Imagine for someone with that age who is NW5 already, there is no way to compensate for that, no matter what you do.

You can just do other things to improve your own self worth though.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
No.

Yes.

Have you accepted the fact that you're likely going to be alone unless you settle for much less than what you could've gotten with a full head of hair ?
Pretty much. Society has no respect for bald/balding men.

It's consumed my life entirely. It is basically the foundation of my life, everything I do has been affected by it. I rarely have a moment where I'm not worried about being treated as less than equal.

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
I love questionnaires :woot:!!!

Did you give up on pursuing a career because of your hair loss ? 50/50, it reduced my self-esteem which affected my social interactions and drive.

Have you accepted the fact that you're likely going to be alone unless you settle for much less than what you could've gotten with a full head of hair ? Yes, I am totally aware that my future wife will probably be a 3-4/10 unless I keep working out every other day and get in killer shape and even then she will at best be a 6/10.

How has hair loss affected your overall day to day life ? I try to avoid mirrors when possible and I wear hats in public most of the time.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think anything can compensate for it when you are young. This quote from a sincere girl that I posted a while ago is how I feel treated every day:

And he is not even bald, he has 'the beginnings of a receding hairline'... Imagine for someone with that age who is NW5 already, there is no way to compensate for that, no matter what you do.

You can just do other things to improve your own self worth though.
yes. as a norwood 6 21 year old i realize there is nothing that can truly compensate for it, for a lot of girls and society. however, my point is at the heart of it, the compensation crowd has the same belief we do- Hair loss is a big deal, is only a negative, and will permanently make your dating market value go down a few points

they just channel the energy from that statement differently than we do. whether you get depressed over hair loss or try to do your best in other areas, the above underlying belief is the same

and yes, compensation is probably more for the self than for girls. but having a higher self worth can only help with girls eh?

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
How has hairloss changed my life?

Well according to my NW5/6 brother...he jerks off more

Parise

Reaction score
I want to hear everyone's unique story on how hair loss has changed their life. You can answer the questions or just freely respond if you want.

i honestly never even pursued any career, but if i did it all came to a stop now

even before i started balding there was no chance..... i've never had a date, i've never had a kiss, i don't want any of that I JUST WANT MY HAIR TO COME BACK!!!!!!!

i don't care if i have to be alone, all i want is hair FFS

it's haunting me all the time, it completely ruined everything, i have to think about it all the time, i even wanted to die before i started balding and it's been getting worse ever since.... and things just keeps getting worse, everything keeps disappearing. even without male pattern baldness my life would be hell and there is only one way out

i do not understand this Q but to conclude this i am a hopeless and sad psycho who needs to be removed from this earth ASAP. tonight will be just another night i'll go to bed, hoping never to wake up again....

and yes these are really my thoughts. there really are people who have sunk that low

to think i have to spent saturday nights browsin thru here that says it all really.....

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
No. It hasn't gotten that bad.

Yes, but not really because of my hair loss.

No, I haven't accepted that, yet. But I already have been experiencing then when I've been hooking up with people. I have lowered my standards a lot.

This will be a longer answer. First, I use minoxidil twice a day, and that has affected how I style my hair and my showering schedule; I have shoulder-length hair, I usually don't have time to wait until it completely dries to do anything besides part it plainly in the middle or put it in a pony tail, and I shower less regularly because the window in which I can shower has shortened. I frequently feel unattractive because of my hair loss, and this affects the confidence I have when I go out and dress in ways I prefer. I like colorful, interesting clothing, but this youthful style often does not go well with my more mature hairline. I love being creative, but I can't be as creative or expressive with my hair because of my hairline. That brings me down.

Haha. Not before this. But if I'm in Canada sometime, I'll think about it. XD

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being bald has made me feel like a tool,meaning a person of low intelligence and someone a woman thinks they can use to achieve their financial purposes at any given moment.
My ex girlfriend used to get high off me for free and I used to buy her drinks and everything and I was treated like a sounding board for her whorish ways with her exes, and she was a 4 out of ten at best in her looks,
after she dumped me for not giving her what she wanted or needed. Then forward two years she still talks ish about me behind my back.
I moved forward with my love life supposedly when this woman gets my telephone number from her sister and she wants to take me out for a few beers,I though thats cool untill I buy the first pitcher of beer that should of been the first warning sign but I was a sucker back then,we lounge for about ten minutes and she brings her ex boyfriend to the bar! What an insult! So I play it cool and I figured she can buy the rest of the beer if shes gonna be a ----- to me.
Forward the next day her sister bluntly says she never liked you in that way,and I thought! no! she just liked the thought of what she could get off of me in beer and or money.
Truly I haven't dated since and I am addicted to p**rn,I just dont trust women anymore.
Every time a woman shows interest in me now I just ignore it because I'm paranoid that women are just interested in what they can get from me and I recently spent 340 dollars on a topper untill I got spotted because the lace on my hairpiece was visible and these gisebells laughed at me.
So here I am out 340 $, my pride,and my love for women on a mental level,if I never date again it will be too soon.
I'm just so angry at life right now!
despite all my success in life, I will never be truly loved or understood,so I gave up, just let my norwood 6 grow and wear a hat and it feels like I die a little more each and every day.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's a difficult time to be a man. Imagine how much more difficult it is to be bald on top of that. It's a weight most here are unfamiliar with.

There are only a few true brothers here...

- - - Updated - - -

It's a difficult time to be a man. Imagine how much more difficult it is to be bald on top of that. It's a weight most here are unfamiliar with.

There are only a few true brothers here...

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yes, and with the fact that I am just 16. What I wanted to do required a full head of hair.

I was about to enter it but then hair loss came and the doors closed.

sadly yes.

A better question would be how did hair loss ruined you future, because I am 99% sure my life would become good if I never had hair loss.

If he would pay for it sure, why not.

shreyas24

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely hair loss effects on everyone's life style. Its true that whatever you shared on above.