How Did You Handle Going Back To Work After A Hair Transplant?

Tosh

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm set to have a hair transplant in December, with about 15 days free to recovery before going back to work.

For those who have had hair transplants, how did you handle going back to work?

Did you go back to work and not care?
Did you try to have more than 2 weeks off post-surgery?
Did you try to wear a hat?
Did you wear a wig?
Did they only shave specific areas and you covered the shaved areas with long hair?
Did you talk to your boss and try to work from home?

Thank you

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have undergone the transplant. So, here is my experience.

I went back to work ( as every surgeon needs to go for their patients) within a week. It was a good experience with the hair transplant. It didn't hamper by routine and work schedule. I never used a wig to cover my transplant.

I did hair transplant with FUE method. They shaved (rather trimmed hair to zero with trimmer) in order to achieve good visibility of baldness affected areas and distribute hairs in order to achieve optimum hair density. Now, after 2 years I realise that it was a good decision.

I made sure that I just follow the every instruction of my hair transplant surgeon. After care is very important in good hair growth after a hair transplant.

Yes, wearing a hat for the 1st week or 7 days is necessary and it protects you from dust and environment. Also, I used saline water when had a feeling of etching. As days went, I saw good hair growth. of course, I was on medication- minoxidil, and finasteride and still using them for my hairs.

So, overall it was a good experience and when people are amazed to see my bald scalp into hairy one I feel very positive and happy.

Thanks for reading!

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having a FUT very soon and returning to work in 12 days or so, I'm f*****g dreading it because I work at a college and am around 16-20 year old students all the time! But at the end of the day it's 1-3 months of agony for hopefully many years of a better life.

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then, I will suggest considering your Decision about FUT over FUE

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was recommended a FUT by Dr. ******** as a first intervention over a FUE due to the likelihood of needing future transplants.

How many grafts do you need? If its within 5000 or even 6000, then also FUE can be done

codswallop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also dreading this, but the transplant is far more important than a couple weeks of embrassment. I will worry about it after the transplant... :(

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
They will know.
Buzz your head now.
Wear a hat now.
When you return after surgery it MIGHT not be as obvious you had a hair transplant. Who knows you might like the look.
I'd keep buzzing to a 2-3 guard until month 7 or 8.

shookwun

Reaction score
f*****g lol at people kidding themselves that nobody will know.

you will look like a bald rat with a science experiment that went wrong. Scalp will resemble a distinct pattern of redness, which cannot be mistaken for a sun tan. As the pristine outline of a red helmet will be all that other people notice. Surrounding hair might go into shock depending on many variables which cannot be explained until it's said, and done. A large window and time frame is needed for recovery as you will long far worse before you look better.

As @Mach said already, better get ready in advance and shave and have your scalp done with. it will be a less mind f*** for the inevitable.

Absolutely impossible to hide unless you are black and wear a du-rag.

Without a hat you will be doomed.

This is what these supposed quacks don't want to tell you, as it would steer many people away from the typical idea that the appearance of pink/redness will last a few weeks. The tinge, and outline of redness is a constant reminder that your journey is going to be long, while experiencing shock loss in the process.

isles3022

Reaction score
The first f u t one I did I didn’t tell anyone at work except a close friend. I own the business so I had some flexibility. Anyways the plan was have it done on Friday be fine on Monday. Well...... that was not the case. My head was a mess! Red dots everywhere, greasy , couldn’t style it. Ended up coming clean an wore hat for few days.
Had second one yesterday and Thursday before I left work everyone knew what I was doing.