how could RU cause gyno? seven words

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Systemic absorption and then it causes it through they same way fina/duta etc does it maybe? That's what I would guess. There isn't too much research on the drug so who knows.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Systemic absorption and then it causes it through they same way fina/duta etc does it maybe? That's what I would guess. There isn't too much research on the drug so who knows.
ya

thats the thing. we dont know much about it and not so many people are taking it. who knows what would happen if it was as popular as finasteride.

probably we would have a forum called RUhelp.com by now

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
ya

thats the thing. we dont know much about it and not so many people are taking it. who knows what would happen if it was as popular as finasteride.
I wonder what would be the brand name of RU58841 if it was some generic med, like how minoxidil is called Rogaine and finasteride is called Propecia/Proscar.
probably we would have a forum called RUhelp.com by now
I took 0.000000001 ml of RU and I became a gay lesbian woman.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt that it could, but maybe it's possible if you naturally have low T and/or you naturally aromatize well.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of this medication. Perhaps it hasn't been explained in depth but presumably only people who cannot take reductase inhibitors have much to gain by trying it. That being said, I haven't seen much evidence that it does much of anything for hair. It seems to be another med that has been conjectured to have better possibilities than the reality showed. A person using dutasteride and oral minoxidil has tools that might be comparable to HRT but CB and RU and topical spironolactone all seem to be largely wastes of time and not that cheap. I think that we are on the verge of proving definitely that MtF HRT can largely regrow/restore lost hair and even promote juvenile hair lines and it is going to be a situation where fewer guys bother with CB or RU.

After that, the quest is to find a way to use HRT for hair regrowth without significant feminization. This will be much more difficult and I don't think that it is possible to have much more than marginal hair relief from HRT without hitting high estradiol levels and very low T levels. The issue here is that facial feminization might be correlated with hair regrowth and take place towards the end. Breasts pop up immediately and at very low estradiol levels.

Anyway, we are accumulating more and more pictorial evidence that HRT can restore hair at virtually any age meaning even breeders like me can jump on the band wagon, fairly late in life, which for me was about at the age of 50.

Goddess Bless

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of this medication. Perhaps it hasn't been explained in depth but presumably only people who cannot take reductase inhibitors have much to gain by trying it. That being said, I haven't seen much evidence that it does much of anything for hair. It seems to be another med that has been conjectured to have better possibilities than the reality showed. A person using dutasteride and oral minoxidil has tools that might be comparable to HRT but CB and RU and topical spironolactone all seem to be largely wastes of time and not that cheap. I think that we are on the verge of proving definitely that MtF HRT can largely regrow/restore lost hair and even promote juvenile hair lines and it is going to be a situation where fewer guys bother with CB or RU.

After that, the quest is to find a way to use HRT for hair regrowth without significant feminization. This will be much more difficult and I don't think that it is possible to have much more than marginal hair relief from HRT without hitting high estradiol levels and very low T levels. The issue here is that facial feminization might be correlated with hair regrowth and take place towards the end. Breasts pop up immediately and at very low estradiol levels.

Anyway, we are accumulating more and more pictorial evidence that HRT can restore hair at virtually any age meaning even breeders like me can jump on the band wagon, fairly late in life, which for me was about at the age of 50.

Goddess Bless
Absolutely no one should be opting for HRT before CB and RU, which absolutely do something, just not enough by themselves to halt aggressive hairloss. Topical spironolactone is a complete waste though, does nothing without being processed by the liver.

I know you feel a certain way about MtF HRT but this really shouldn't be a route that almost anyone goes down for hair. If those effects could be localized and not go systematic at all, sure that would basically be the cure.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely no one should be opting for HRT before CB and RU, which absolutely do something, just not enough by themselves to halt aggressive hairloss. Topical spironolactone is a complete waste though, does nothing without being processed by the liver.

I know you feel a certain way about MtF HRT but this really shouldn't be a route that almost anyone goes down for hair. If those effects could be localized and not go systematic at all, sure that would basically be the cure.
That doesn't answer the question about whether CB and RU are largely a waste of time. I continue to look for indications that these meds work synergistically with other meds or that they are safe or that they are worth the hassle and expense of procuring.

Using dutasteride is a form of HRT and if CB and RU have hormonal effects, which I am fairly certain of, then all of these constitute HRT. Which meds to use are a personal decision in a free society. If someone is suicidal about their hair, it hardly appears that either CB or RU will cause enough improvement to assuage such unfortunates. Until I see some sort of convincing data or pictorial proof, I can't take either CB or RU seriously. It's all just spinning wheels when these two don't apparently work even as well as minoxidil or finasteride and people hype them taking focus away from medications that work.

It's truly not that hard to post hair improvement pics and even the few that I have seen from RU or CB were laughable because they weren't cosmetically significant. People don't get it in terms of hair quality being the most important thing, not hair counts, leading to cosmetically significant hair restoration.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
That doesn't answer the question about whether CB and RU are largely a waste of time. I continue to look for indications that these meds work synergistically with other meds or that they are safe or that they are worth the hassle and expense of procuring.

Using dutasteride is a form of HRT and if CB and RU have hormonal effects, which I am fairly certain of, then all of these constitute HRT. Which meds to use are a personal decision in a free society. If someone is suicidal about their hair, it hardly appears that either CB or RU will cause enough improvement to assuage such unfortunates. Until I see some sort of convincing data or pictorial proof, I can't take either CB or RU seriously. It's all just spinning wheels when these two don't apparently work even as well as minoxidil or finasteride and people hype them taking focus away from medications that work.

It's truly not that hard to post hair improvement pics and even the few that I have seen from RU or CB were laughable because they weren't cosmetically significant. People don't get it in terms of hair quality being the most important thing, not hair counts, leading to cosmetically significant hair restoration.
Ya because they are maintenance drugs, similar to finasteride, and used by too few of people to actually get any kind of decent sample of results. CB has full trial data you can read if you'd like to know about the safety and efficacy.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i read several reports from people getting gyno from RU but how would that happen?
Being an antiandrogen I would asume it's doing it by a similar process as fina/duta. Been trying to follow some of the RU threads here and other places but most were from people who would desperately try anything, without a system in place and jumping from one method to another.