How come I ain't balding yet?

INT

Reaction score
Hi,

In a few weeks I'll be 22 years old. Since I was 18 years old I started to get really afraid of becomming bald because my dad's dad and my grandfather from mother's side started to go bald in their very early 20's. By the age of 22 my dad was a Norwood 2,5 and my grandfather a Norwood 2. My father's father didn't have real male pattern baldness an died with a good Norwood 2 at the age of 77.

Since the beginning of my hair at least once a week I check my hairline so IF anything changes I can start taking finasteride in the most early stage because that will give the best result (right?).

Now my hair... for what I can see my hairline hasn't change a thing since my puberty and maybe it only became thicker... I have dark semi-long very curly hair and I don't want to lose it because... well because my hair is just ME.

Because I don't have any signs YET I do not use any meds YET. The only thing I do is make sure I get all my vitamines, sport a few times a week and after washing my hair I end with some realy realy cold water on the scalp.

Since the male pattern baldness portrait of my familie ( :sobbing: ) I KNOW that my changes of not going bald are close to zero but how come that it hasn't allready kicked in?

Thanks for reading!

Winter

Reaction score
It's not like you inherit the EXACT same "hairloss-timeline" from your father, it might kick in tomorrow or it might kick in in 5 years, you just have to wait and see. Maybe itll never kick in