How close

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Realistically, how close do you guys think we are for a new TREATMENT.... Not even considering a cure for a while.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
If the 21 cure thingy gets through SM04554 might be released late this year or early next year (assuming they will skip phase 3). I heard something about biomarkers which will be needed if they're gonna skip phase 3.

But in general I think 2 years if one of the upcoming treatments work.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the 21 cure thingy gets through SM04554 might be released late this year or early next year (assuming they will skip phase 3). I heard something about biomarkers which will be needed if they're gonna skip phase 3.

But in general I think 2 years if one of the upcoming treatments work.

Doesn't the 21st Century Act only apply to cell based therapies?

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the 21st Century Act only apply to cell based therapies?

I believe you're correct. Also, the 21st Century Cures Act will only be presented to congress "sometime this year". In any case, I doubt it would prove useful to Samumed.

Current state of the 21st Century Cures Act: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/6

On topic, Histogen was talking along the lines of 2017 at earliest (Mexico) or 2018 (US). As for Samumed, their new molecule for hair regrowth should go into phase 3 soonish and so they would be able to commercialize the product around 2018-19 once the FDA give their approval.

So basically, we might see something new around 2018 if all goes well.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
when do you believe the next treatment will be released? Also what is your regimen?

2017 absolute earliest in Mexico from Histogen.

Also, as I'm sure many people will put up a fuss in 2017 if Histogen isnt available I should mention that THIS IS A HOPEFUL PROJECTED DATE, NOT A FACTUAL DATE.