How close are we to a cure?

archdemon123

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope a cure gets here, but until then, just block your DHT lol.
But I understand a lot of people struggle, and hair transplants are not only expensive but one might not be able to do it. Still, it's probably the best option and I think I'll be fine for it when I'll get holder If I do inherit the hair genes of good old dad, still a bit early to tell.

sportsfan12

Established Member
Reaction score
They have to find something at some point- the question is when. I'm in the medical field and my derm mentioned to me they were able to regrow hair in vitro at a huge local teaching institution but it also developed tumors. Just have to keep our fingers crossed

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think any new good treatments will be out anytime soon(IF we are lucky, maybe in 10 years). Companies like Merck and Rogaine, are basically controlling majority of the hairloss drug market and will make sure other competitors and treatments are not options for consumers. Lol rogaine and propecia are making so much money, and they want to keep it that way. My crazy, yet possibly true theory.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think any new good treatments will be out anytime soon(IF we are lucky, maybe in 10 years). Companies like Merck and Rogaine, are basically controlling majority of the hairloss drug market and will make sure other competitors and treatments are not options for consumers. Lol rogaine and propecia are making so much money, and they want to keep it that way. My crazy, yet possibly true theory.

False.

Rogaine uses Minoxidil and the patent for it has expired, hence why Kirkland, Lipogaine, etc. exist. Rogaine only does the most marketing for their product. Merck's patent for Finasteride as an Androgenetic Alopecia treatment expired in 2013. What you're insinuating is that there's some kind of conspiracy theory. There isn't. The simplest answer is usually the correct one... and imo, that is that researchers, or people in general simply don't give a sh!t about solving baldness. There's a whole host of reasons why the feeling of resentment towards mens health exists, but you could potentially blame the feminist movement for making men obsolete and ultimately, men shouldnt deserve to treat this disgusting disease.

Don't believe me? Just tell any woman openly you are uncomfortable about your hair loss and you would like to see a cure. You will:

a) get laughed at
b) receive no sympathy
c) be told there are other more important things that need to be cured
d) be told you are vain (however, it is NOT vain for women and men to laugh at your condition)

Simply put; you and your baldness are irrelevant. It's basically a case of the positional good theory. Society doesnt care about you and would rather have you STAY bald. Read up on the positional good theory, however in short it is the principle that possession can only be given a value by the possessor. Therefor, hair is worth something because it is possessed by some but not others. Thus, society's 'feel good status' about themselves would be jeopardized IF you and all other bald men were to be on an equal playing field. However many privileged men have openly expressed they would rather NOT have baldness cured because of their own greed and lack of empathy for others. There's a thread on this in the forum... in fact, one member here on HairLossTalk.com mentioned that even a DOCTOR (with hair) expressed this very same greed about not wanting baldness cured.

On the bright side though....

Soon enough you'll have access to CB and Bimatoprost. With luck, and if men make it known to Shiseido and Replicel, DSC injections in Japan will be a viable option within a couple years by taking advantage of Japan's new deregulation of stem cell therapies. But hey... thats up to YOU push that forward and making it known.

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
False.

Rogaine uses Minoxidil and the patent for it has expired, hence why Kirkland, Lipogaine, etc. exist. Rogaine only does the most marketing for their product. Merck's patent for Finasteride as an Androgenetic Alopecia treatment expired in 2013. What you're insinuating is that there's some kind of conspiracy theory. There isn't. The simplest answer is usually the correct one... and imo, that is that researchers, or people in general simply don't give a sh!t about solving baldness. There's a whole host of reasons why the feeling of resentment towards mens health exists, but you could potentially blame the feminist movement for making men obsolete and ultimately, men shouldnt deserve to treat this disgusting disease.

Don't believe me? Just tell any woman openly you are uncomfortable about your hair loss and you would like to see a cure. You will:

a) get laughed at
b) receive no sympathy
d) be told you are vain (however, it is NOT vain for women and men to laugh at your condition)

Simply put; you and your baldness are irrelevant. It's basically a case of the positional good theory. Society doesnt care about you and would rather have you STAY bald. Read up on the positional good theory, however in short it is the principle that possession can only be given a value by the possessor. Therefor, hair is worth something because it is possessed by some but not others. Thus, society's 'feel good status' about themselves would be jeopardized IF you and all other bald men were to be on an equal playing field. However many privileged men have openly expressed they would rather NOT have baldness cured because of their own greed and lack of empathy for others. There's a thread on this in the forum... in fact, one member here on HairLossTalk.com mentioned that even a DOCTOR (with hair) expressed this very same greed about not wanting baldness cured.

Soon enough you'll have access to CB and Bimatoprost. With luck, and if men make it known to Shiseido and Replicel, DSC injections in Japan will be a viable option within a couple years by taking advantage of Japan's new deregulation of stem cell therapies. But hey... thats up to YOU push that forward and making it known.

Bim's trial result should be released in this month. But up to now not yet, still not past Jan but i am already worried about delay, only in hairloss industry I will have such an early worry.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
False.

a) get laughed at
b) receive no sympathy

You're way too pessimistic dude. The truth is hairloss is hard to find a cure for since male pattern baldness only occurs in humans so we cant just go experimenting on rats, monkeys or whatever. Also there is a huge market for so I assure you that given the chance everyone would release a cure for hairloss. Not to mention that there are bald poeple searching for a cure too who have high controlling statuses. Its not people with full heads of hair refusing to find a cure for hairloss to keep their social value high.

Please stop with the cynical posts and conspiracy theories. If there was a cure for balding all pharma companies would rush to release it. The truth is that the reason there is not a whole lot of research into balding is because it has been happening since the beginning of time and the vast majority of men have accepted that there is nothing you can do about it. Go up to a person who is balding and tell them about finasteride and its 90 percent efficiency and they wont take you seriously. Why? Because scam treatments and cures have been sold for hundreds of years now and people look at all treatments like snake oils at first glance.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're way too pessimistic dude. The truth is hairloss is hard to find a cure for since male pattern baldness only occurs in humans so we cant just go experimenting on rats, monkeys or whatever. Also there is a huge market for so I assure you that given the chance everyone would release a cure for hairloss.

Yeah, and perhaps they should start doing case studies... even on simple things like Tofacitinib. It doesnt happen. 99% of all the research is done on mice and NEVER goes further than that.

WHY??

Not to mention that there are bald poeple searching for a cure too who have high controlling statuses.

I can count the number of biotechs in the last 20 years that have worked on a cure on ONE hand. If the rewards are so high (and they are) why aren't more biotechs taking a crack at it given the number of published papers?

Its not people with full heads of hair refusing to find a cure for hairloss to keep their social value high.

This is taking my comments WAY out of context. I didn't say it's THE ONLY reason, but that definitely is a contributing factor.

Please stop with the cynical posts and conspiracy theories. If there was a cure for balding all pharma companies would rush to release it.

First pharma companys would actually have to have to do actual work on finding a working treatment. THEY ARENT.

The truth is that the reason there is not a whole lot of research into balding is because it has been happening since the beginning of time and the vast majority of men have accepted that there is nothing you can do about it.

Which is a lie, because preventative measures do exist (albeit garbage).

Go up to a person who is balding and tell them about finasteride and its 90 percent efficiency and they wont take you seriously. Why? Because scam treatments and cures have been sold for hundreds of years now and people look at all treatments like snake oils at first glance.

And why do the scam treatments exists? Because we're continuously being taken advantage of.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
False.

a) get laughed at
b) receive no sympathy

Interesting. So you seriously believe that there will be other treatments better than propecia/finasteride within the next 5 years? I agree with your theory about how baldness is irrelevant to majority of the world, but there is still plenty of money to be made from balders and those in the future who will be given this awesome gene of male pattern baldness.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that the studies on mice are quite irrelevant. Mice are very different thn humans, they don't have genetic baldness, etc.
All those "researches" on mice hair are almost useless, i think scientists only do them to have some activity, and have what to write in their articles.
They already have, what, 10 different ways to cure mouse hairloss. And none of them does **** on human male pattern baldness.
They even took miniaturised hair from men with male pattern baldness, and transplant it to imuno-deficient mice and...whoa, the hair grew terminal. Isn't this enough evidence that keeping on with experimenting on mice in search of men male pattern baldness cure is a waste of time and money?

Reaction score
I swear, if there's a cure in 5 years and I'm already receding hard at 15, I'm going to be very fu©king pissed off that my baldness couldn't wait.

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
I swear, if there's a cure in 5 years and I'm already receding hard at 15, I'm going to be very fu©king pissed off that my baldness couldn't wait.

Not to worry. During the next five years all these 'possible cures' will just disappear for no good reason but then a new one will show up and the guy will be like 'we're real close! probably five years away :)'. And the cycle continues.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to worry. During the next five years all these 'possible cures' will just disappear for no good reason but then a new one will show up and the guy will be like 'we're real close! probably five years away :)'. And the cycle continues.

That actually HAS been the cycle for the last 20 years. :jackit:

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
False.

a) get laughed at
b) receive no sympathy

That's why if I ever have to shave my head because hair loss gets so bad I'm gonna hop on steroid cycles , I'll get so jacked n big I'll beat the fuk out people hating idc if they think I'm only doing it Cuz I'm secure I'll fukin lol at them while I rip there hair out and knock them out cold

I'm not even kidding , guys who r bald look better with muscle mass like 200lbs + roid head

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah right, this will happen, you'll do that.

Let me guess, when your hair loss gets worse, you'll say you're going to wear a wig just to get laid?
Lol I just told u if I get to bad im gonna shave it all off and go on steroids , nw2 right now and on finasteride probably gonna hop on rogaine here soon too , just doing all I can

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol I just told u if I get to bad im gonna shave it all off and go on steroids , nw2 right now and on finasteride probably gonna hop on rogaine here soon too , just doing all I can

Too bad super saiyans have hair or you'd turn into one.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Talking about super saiyans:- THEY CAN'T GROW THEIR HAIR.
Kinda funny but i always envied vegeta's hair everytime i saw him.

resu

Reaction score
Vegeta always had massive temple recession, also Krillin got the best wife.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
these companies should take it step by step and find something that at least stops hairloss better than finasteride. at least then we can go out and get hair transplant instead of waiting until like 40 to see the extent of our loss. that would solve the problem for the majority of balding guys. instead they are all trying to find regrowth cures which so far have all failed hard and during that time we are getting balder and balder