How can you tell if you can get away with the shaved head?

Dpunkz

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to be planning on shaving my head this summer (while still on big 3) and i really think i can pull this off. but there are 3 things that are key in knowing you can pull this off, becuase i think alot of us would look so terriable if we did this with out understanding the 3 KEY elements. This might sound kind of gay but i have done lots of research into this and this is the conslusion that i have came too:

1) How do you look with a hat on? Well if you look great with a hat on thats the first key, this i think is very important.

2) Look at your head shape very closely. This is probably the biggest key in rocking the shaved head. First and far most you must have a ROUND head. If you have anything else then dont even think about shaving your head. Head shape is what its all about. If you do think you have a round head then make sure you cheack out your forehead, because alot of us miss little bumps and things like this around that area. The rounder the better...

3) The last key is make sure that you are tan. Every girl would think that some pale white bald headed guy is a looser. YOU NEED TO BE REEEEL TAN, or BE ABLE TO GET REEEEEL TAN!

A few things that would only make it better: Being Ripped (Buff) and i also think darker eye lids and eyes. Just looks better...

I read an article a few days ago that said about 75% of the females think that bald men appear to be more confident then those with full heads of hair.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with the hat thing at all. It's not a good way to judge.

The shape of your head doesn't matter either but if you have a lot of dents it wont look as good.

As for tanning i agree it makes you look better but i think the main goal is to get an even color on your head to remove the contrast between your face and where your hair used to be.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I am very thin and my head is shaped like a rugby ball.

That's an oval face shape. It's a fine shape for head shaving but you might want to bulk up a bit to avoid the cancer patient look.

I think the original poster meant a smooth, dent free head when he said round.

Heads shapes are:
Oval
Round
Triangle
Square
Pear-Shaped
Oblong
Diamond

Pear shaped is the worst for shaving. Diamond and triangle are kind of inbetween. Round can be iffy as well. Depends on the size of your head.

G

nervx said:
I am very thin and my head is shaped like a rugby ball.

That's an oval face shape. It's a fine shape for head shaving but you might want to bulk up a bit to avoid the cancer patient look.

I think the original poster meant a smooth, dent free head when he said round.

Heads shapes are:
Oval
Round
Triangle
Square
Pear-Shaped
Oblong
Diamond

Pear shaped is the worst for shaving. Diamond and triangle are kind of inbetween. Round can be iffy as well. Depends on the size of your head.

You forgot parralellogram, semi-circle, octagon, hexagon, pentagon, dodecahedron, and you can breakdown 'triangle' into equalateral and isosceles.

Cone and Pyramid are the worst for shaving.