How can you tell if the follicles are dead?

Sid75

Reaction score
I've read that there's some faint scarring or something.

Also, what's the maximum number of years hair loss can reverse? Is it true frontal hair follicles die faster?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How can you tell if the follicles are dead?

They do not respond to minoxidil?

I had a slick crown for at least five years and that's been mostly reversed, however the slick front has had little regrowth. But it was also slick bald for
at least 5 more years than the crown.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what's the maximum number of years hair loss can reverse? Is it true frontal hair follicles die faster?

I've heard the minimun is a year and at most 5 years. I think frontal hair follicles die faster due to even more androgen sensitivity.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
They won't die completely, they will just miniaturize so that they are not visible to the naked eye. I seen speculation between docs that people that have been slick bald for 30 years still have follicles alive, they are just extremely miniaturize.

People that are slick bald also have a scar-like scalp.

k7Head

Reaction score
So, if follices don't "die" but miniaturize, do you know if there's a time related dormancy between hair lose and regrowth after treatment? I had slowly been loosing my hair for around 4 years before I started treatment, so does that mean it'll be about 4 years of treatment for a regrowth?