How can we make seti affordable?

yum

Reaction score
Hey guys, let's play "what if". What if seti ends up working really well and the dose is 1g/day?

Are there any chemists here with knowledge about the industry? Would it be possible for an entrepreneur to contract with a manufacturer to mass produce this stuff and sell it under the table? How hard would it be to figure out how to manufacture this stuff cheaply?

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait. If it works, more and more people will want it and the price will gradually go down.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that expensive at all currently even with the current demand you are looking at ~$50 per 10 gram. However it's true that with more demand the price will turn out even lower which in turn could make bigger dosages more economically feasible for most people. However for that to happen it will need show itself as a effective compound. That is still a very big question mark.

yum

Reaction score
I agree about the economies of scale and current demand thing. But I'm wondering what part of the manufacturing process keeps it expensive? Is it just hard to make manufacture batches of a chemical?

And I agree that economies of scale will drive the price down eventually - however, that will require some entrepreneur(s) to come around and actually figure out how to make lots more of it, right? Eg, is there anything that someone could do right now - talking to manufacturers in china, etc - to figure out how to make it more cheaply?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree about the economies of scale and current demand thing. But I'm wondering what part of the manufacturing process keeps it expensive? Is it just hard to make manufacture batches of a chemical?

And I agree that economies of scale will drive the price down eventually - however, that will require some entrepreneur(s) to come around and actually figure out how to make lots more of it, right? Eg, is there anything that someone could do right now - talking to manufacturers in china, etc - to figure out how to make it more cheaply?

Most of the manufacturers for Setipiprant are in China I think, since everything is cheaper there and laws/regulations aren't so strictly enforced. I think Ziom + the polish forum have their stuff made in Poland. I'm not really sure how much cheaper you want it, it's already cheaper than compounds like CB-03-01 and a similar price to OC. For now we just have to wait and see how effective it is - if it is, then demand will go up and the price will go down.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol no. Basic principles of economics: When demand is high, price increases. Especially since there won't be many sellers. The economies of scale will be reflected in their margins.

Actually you are right , When demand is high price would be increase if you have the low availability and can't service all of your buyers. I

want to add some points to that.Thats a principle of economy.

But the argument is when it comes to hairloss , Even if you look for very special and rare experimental like P.S the price was high for many

years, the price of OC was high from the first day too , even there wasn't enough buyer , The reason is those labs or sellers do not into a

REAL competition , So their price was always high , For Seti case if we find more sellers and sources the other sellers have to compromise

with their price , that is what kane shop did in the last few weeks and dropped the price.

The principle of economy always depend to the sources you have , For instance if the country has a lot of car , people always need car

right? but because the sources is more than the demand it won't affect the price .

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually you are right , When demand is high price would be increase if you have the low availability and can't service all of your buyers. I

want to add some points to that.Thats a principle of economy.

But the argument is when it comes to hairloss , Even if you look for very special and rare experimental like P.S the price was high for many

years, the price of OC was high from the first day too , even there wasn't enough buyer , The reason is those labs or sellers do not into a

REAL competition , So their price was always high , For Seti case if we find more sellers and sources the other sellers have to compromise

with their price , that is what kane shop did in the last few weeks and dropped the price.

The principle of economy always depend to the sources you have , For instance if the country has a lot of car , people always need car

right? but because the sources is more than the demand it won't affect the price .

I think that it all comes to manufacturing cost at the end. If Seti is expensive to create and not a lot of people sell it - the price can be high even with high demand. If its cheap to create (more likely imo) and still not a lot of people sell it - the price can rapidly change with high demand.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait. If it works, more and more people will want it and the price will gradually go down.

if it works is key. Not sure what's out there that shows seti works. It's all about risk for a company to produce a new product that people might want.

yum

Reaction score
So going back to the original question - IF seti works but the needed dosage is 1g/day or something like that, we would need to find a way to manufacture it more cheaply than we are now. Any thoughts on how we might do this? I'm not afraid to make some phone calls/emails to chemical manufactures, but I want to understand what the crux of the manufacturing process is first.

username425

Reaction score
So going back to the original question - IF seti works but the needed dosage is 1g/day or something like that, we would need to find a way to manufacture it more cheaply than we are now. Any thoughts on how we might do this? I'm not afraid to make some phone calls/emails to chemical manufactures, but I want to understand what the crux of the manufacturing process is first.

It's going to be interesting how the whole thing plays out.

I am, however, less optimistic living in the United States about getting hands on cheaper Seti during this in-between time before it goes to full commercial market. I'm not an expert on the industry being a relatively new customer, but it seems that smaller guys like Kane have a big portion of the experimental hair loss market. All of these guys seem to be international, any company doing what they do in the US would be hard pressed to breathe with the FDA. You have Allergan/Kythera who has acquired licensing rights to the drug, albeit for an oral version (these licensing agreements are not available to the public, to my knowledge).

I'm sure as reports come back about the efficacy/time goes on, more avenues to acquire it will appear. The manufacturing process I'm sure is not especially tedious, but if there is a potential market for it, it will make it easier. How do you go about showing that to a potential company? I really have no idea. Pledges from people promising to buy? It really circumvents the traditional supply and demand process, and really throws wrenches into the legality of it all.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
FDA would only be up your *** for ripping Seti off. Not even sure if that's fda remit. But buying experimental drugs isn't illegal as far as I know, I can do gene editing in my garage if I want to.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
FDA would only be up your *** for ripping Seti off. Not even sure if that's fda remit. But buying experimental drugs isn't illegal as far as I know, I can do gene editing in my garage if I want to.

Very true. Check your country's drug laws, usually only certain controlled substances are illegal to buy/possess without a prescription. Most experimental drugs aren't even scheduled and hence have no laws regarding manufacture, trafficking and possession of the drug in question.

yum

Reaction score
So, getting back to the manufacturing aspect, legal questions aside, what's the bottle neck in the process? How hard is it to manufacture this stuff?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if its owned by a company?

your point is good because seti is by kythera but we shouldn't be worry about that , if there would be any problem would be by sellers and labs who make it not us .

( which I don't think there would be any problem at all ) .