how can i tell if my hair line is receding ??

wantsmehair

Reaction score
how can i tell if it is. i'm 23 will be 24 in october 05

my aunt came over today she hasnt seen me in a while. looked at me rubbed my hair cause she was like kidding with me cause it long

but she said i'm starting to reced in front.

i dunno what to think

i told her my hair was always like that. and it has been.

so how do i know, like any simple examples on how i can tell myself?

i really never want to go bald, nothing agasint bald people, my father has been bald. i just love hair.

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've got it in your genes and someone has pointed it out to you, it is possible than something is happening.

The best thing you can do is to find some old pictures of you and compare them with your current state.

The temples are usually the first areas to go.

Mingebreth

Reaction score
Sounds like your aunt has uncovered the truth - you have been hiding those nasty receding temples under your long hair :evil: Listen my man , if your dad has got more hair up his nostrils than he has on his head you better start thinking about the Propecia - Look it up on here and be prepared to shed hair. But you might just save yourself from following in your dad's footsteps.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
You will absolutely know when your hairline is receding and thinning. However if your dad is bald then it's possible that you may be destined to sport a skin dome.
If you want to know for sure take some good quality pictures of your hairline. Include your face so you have something to gauge the recessionit against. Then wait about 3-4 months and take another set and compare the two.
No need to start any treatments yet

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Way's to tell you may have male pattern baldness.

- Your father is balding

- An uncle on your mother side or your grandfather on your mothers side is balding

- You hairline has receeded. Check your hairline against old photos of yourself

- See a dermatologist for confirmation.