How can I tell if I should shave my head?

worried

Established Member
Reaction score
6 feet, 150 lbs. I look slightly underweight.

I have a slightly receeded hairline, an ever-exposing crown, and diffuse thinning on the top(I can keep it looking decent when not under heavy light). I don't know how well-shaped my head is for shaving. Anyone have advice for determining if I should take the step? I'd appreciate it.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
well my hairline was fairly recedded,no loss at the crown and i shaved my head to a 0.5.
At first i was elated because i had the balls to do it but as the novelty wore off i grew to regret it.
I think it greatly depends on the extent of your hairline recession,im a norwood 2.5 and with longer hair to no1 actually realised.With a shaved head my baldness is totally exposed.
Not trying to put you off it mate,just wish id been slightly less niave!

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no way to really tell you just have to go for it. You might want to make plans to get a tan to even out the color as well. Makes things look a lot better.

eBOW

Reaction score
Put those same caps that swimmers wear on your head and it might tell ya how well shaving your head will look.

swishbish33

Reaction score
Isn't there computer software that will let you put different hairstyles on a picture of yourself to see what you would look like? I mean, I know it isn't EXACTLY what you would look like, but it could give somewhat of an indicator.