How Can I Manage Elevated Oestrogen Levels On Finasteride

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive had a bit of history with finasteride. Firstly i went on 0.5mg and upped to 1mg everyday without side effects for approx 2 months. However i got hit with an episode of ED, lack of libido and just felt down. I quit straight away and got bloods checked. Derm said everything was fine. After that i restarted at 0.5mg but again had similar sides pretty quickly. Decided to quit again and sides went away again. Recently i restarted at 0.25mg but felt same sides returning and additionally experienced nipple tenderness/swelling- so i quit.

All these issues seem to correlate with elevated oestrogen levels which is a common side effect in finasteride users... Because of this, i plan on getting extensive bloods done with a third party provider because the bloods prescribed by my derm were just surface level (literally got my second round taken on a day i had ED and it said i was healthy).

My question is- If it does come up that i do infact have elevated oestrogen levels prior to starting finasteride, i believe that does put me at risk for the sides ive been experiencing (correct me if im wrong). If thats the case, what options do i have in controlling these hormones to counteract sides? Ive seen some people suggest aromatase inhibitors... how would i go about getting these prescribed? If there is any other suggestions out the please let me know. Anyone with experience/success with this id love to hear from u

Disclaimer- please dont tell me to “just dont take finasteride”. I understand its risky but if im able to correct my hormonal balances with proper indepth monitoring, then its no longer an issue. Obviously i dont want to jeopardise my health but at the same time i wouldnt be doing it if i felt like just giving in and going bald.

cheers guys.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the sides effects you describe usually appear in the beginning of treatment , they are transient and disappear with time. Its written in the leaflet. I would stick with 1 mg for at least 6 months and see what happens, if after that time you still suffer from sides , you can only quit the drug there is nothing to do.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had no sides for a couple of months before they hit its very likely Estrogen related. You more than likely wont be prescribed arimidex however its very easily accessible online in liquid form which is much more ideal for micro-dosing.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Say goodbye to your remaining hair if you decide to start an Aromatase Inhibitor.

There are other ways to lower estrogen naturally. Taking AIs is one of the worst things you would do to your hair.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Say goodbye to your remaining hair if you decide to start an Aromatase Inhibitor.

There are other ways to lower estrogen naturally. Taking AIs is one of the worst things you would do to your hair.

Yeah i wouldn't recommend an AI like letrozole etc the shedding is insane.

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score

True. Is that even when in combination with finasteride? I understand that when you block aromatisation of testosterone to estrogen, naturally that extra test will convert to extra dht, thereby increasing shedding. I figured tho that if im blocking dht conversion and also keeping estrogen levels within healthy range, i would be able to prevent balding while also avoiding sides. Not sure tho. Do you have any experience/suggestions with counteracting finasteride sides?