How can I decrease my oral minoxidil dosage?

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently taking 2.5mh but I feel it’s too strong for me. How safely drop down to 1.25 and keep it like that? I heard lowering dosage cold turkey can have bad effects on body if you don’t ease into it. Can anyone give me a plan?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just cut it in half. Its such a low dose at 2.5 I'm surprised you are getting side effects.

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just cut it in half. Its such a low dose at 2.5 I'm surprised you are getting side effects.
I already did but do I have to have slowly ease into as in take 2.5mg one day then 1.25 the next then 2.5mg etc etc until I finally just start taking 1.25mg

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Decreasing or stopping medication without proper supervision can have serious health risks. Your doctor will consider various factors before advising on dosage adjustments, including:
  • Your individual medical history and response to the current dosage.
  • Reasons for wanting to decrease the dosage. Are you experiencing side effects? Have you concerns about the dosage itself?
  • Potential risks and benefits of lowering the dosage. This will depend on your specific situation and goals for treatment.
Remember, your doctor is the best equipped to make informed decisions about your health and provide personalized guidance. Open communication and following their recommendations are crucial for safe and effective management of your condition.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you're having side effects? 2.5mg is a small dose.. I've been on 10mg almost 6 years and not had any notable adverse reactions.