How Bad Off Am I?

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
my dad is bald, he went bald at like 25. My mom knew him when he was my age and she knew he was gonna go bald, she says I have nothing to worry about because my hairline is very low to begin with plus my hair is so thick.

What do you mean im taking a piss? I was being honest, my hair is thicker than borats. Is borat going bald? Thanks

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
honestly howcanthisbe,

Your hair is fine, go get out and enjoy life, stop worrying about your hair, my recession was worse than yours at 13

You have taken photos of your hairline, take another photo in 12 month and re-evaluate it then, but for now you are fine.

amsch

Reaction score
Ok, for 25 your hair looks great. Most of the forum users suffer from balding around 20, so you have a pretty good position. Anyway, if your hair loss gets worse, do something against it. :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thats not hair, it's brillo.

IBM

Reaction score
if you feel you're losing hair then in fact you're losing it. Those sensations are never wrong. And in fact i see some receding in your corners. Get on finasteride now.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Like Bobby Mcferrin said in the eighties, don't worry, be happy. No really.

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
IBM, yes I recede some in the corners but this could just be a mature hairline right? I mean I have seen people with mature hairlines that recede more than me.

I dont get it, couldnt I just have a mature hairline? I mean my receding is not to the point where it could not be considered a mature hairline. I really dont think im going bald since no where else is thinning on my head, I am just receding slightly. I know this could be the beginning of male pattern baldness, but it could also be a mature hairline right?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
99.99% of guys here would love to have your hair, take pics in 6-12 months and see how it goes, I think jumping on finasteride too soon wont help in the long run.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also think you should change your username to Borat for a laugh :)

28Borat-flag.jpg

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
thanks guys. If my hair was as thin as borats hair I would be worried, but yes besides that my hair does look like borats.

Also I was looking in the mirror today and really examining my hairline and I think I can see whats happening.

The mature hairline can make your old hairline go up a half an inch in the center from the highest crease as well as an inch and a half on the corners. I really think if my center hairline moves up just a little (im talking a quarter of a fingernails length) it will give my hairline a broad U shape. I think thats what going on, im just still in the mature hairline developing process.

Im not certain about this, but its something to watch. On the site I read about the maturing hairline process it says it can look like balding until it stops and even sides can become uneven etc. The temples can recede first while the middle part moves up last, or it can do it many ways. So I dont know, all I know is my hair is still very thick like carpet or astro turf. Like the one poster said a while back on here I have a brillo pad, and yes I dont think its good looking but I would rather have my brillo pad rather then lose it,lol. My hair is pretty ugly and I hated that in high school, but now I dont care as long as I can keep it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Your hair is not ugly and you shouldn't be so critical of it when many of us have real hairloss problems. I myself am an NW5a so pardon me when I say you have nothing to worry about. Just be grateful for what you have and enjoy your life.

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
I am very grateful uncomfortable man, I use to take it for granted but now I do not since im facing a possible hairloss problem. Im hoping its just a mature hairline though.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its certainly possible your going bald. The best indicator is not asking people on this forum its your family history of male pattern baldness. Your genes are the first major indicator, and the 2nd would be how fast and how much hair have you lost? Its pretty easy to answer both questions then see a derm and see what he has to say.

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
do you think im going bald abcedfg? I have not lost anything major fast yet, ive always receded some at even 16. I just have receded a little more lately. I dont have money for a derm sorry.