How Bad Off Am I?

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
Hi guys im new here. I have some pics to show of m recession. Im wondering if this is a mature hairline or balding.

DSC00772.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

Now to show my receding at its worst when I pulled back my hair. Keep in mind I did not wash my hair for 2 days in these pics too.

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00755.jpg
[/img]

Now this is my pics before the hair cut combed:

DSC00749.jpg

so you can see my hair is thick but you can also see that its receding some also. Here are a few more showing off my receding with wet hair.

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

Obviously the worst looking pics are the ones when my hair is curly and unwashed to show the receding. I can hide the receding easily but what do you guys think? Is this just a mature hairline or am I going bald? I am 25 years old by the way.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy Hell.

I swear people come to these forums just to rub in how much hair they have.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
How bad off? Your hair looks thicker than elvis's, which I am sure you are well aware of.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
BobbyChalfont said:
Holy Hell.

I swear people come to these forums just to rub in how much hair they have.

My thoughts exactly. All these posts do is make me feel worse about my current situation. :(

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
guys ok I know my hair is thick. Big deal though. You can clearly see in my long hair pics that I have receding in the corners.

I mean I know im not the worst off here but theres some receding. I have had some receding since say 16 but in the last few years I think its gotton a little worse. So basically im wondering if this is male pattern baldness or just a mature hairline. Im pretty worried about it to be honest, I mean I can hide the receding even with my new short hair cut but what if it gets worse.

The funny think is my hair cutter said yesterday "one things for sure, you dont have to worry about losing your hair" but she doesnt understand that people can go bald no matter how thick their hair is.

To those who asked if im rubbing it in im not, because this is a serious concern of mine. Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Mature hairline...if you're that worried get on finasteride.

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
hey thanks for the reply Axl. But how can you be so sure its a mature hairline? I dont like prescription meds so I was planning on a hair transplant or shaving my head slick bald if it gets worse.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
howcanthisbe said:
hey thanks for the reply Axl. But how can you be so sure its a mature hairline? I dont like prescription meds so I was planning on a hair transplant or shaving my head slick bald if it gets worse.

It's only my own opinion that it's a mature hairline,some people might say otherwise,I'm just telling you what i think it is..as for the hair transplant don't be absurd,you're hair is insanely thick and looks very healthy,coupled with your age imho its just a maturing hairline but it could be the start of male pattern baldness,maybe go to a dermatologist to see if theres any miniaturization going on.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, his hair is very very thick but that doesn't mean he's immune from being bald. When I was 17 I had insanely thick hair...still do but it has most certainly thinned out. Just look at Pete Sampras.

In his early days....
Pete%20at%20Wimbeldon.jpg

He had absurdly thick hair like this guy has and a perfect hairline.

But a few years later....
federer1_wideweb__470x333,0.jpg

He's diffused like mad and looks to be on his way to a NW7.

I think the best way to tell if it's a mature hairline or a "receding" hairline is to check the hair behind the recession. Is it starting to look thin there too? If its still thick in those areas, its a mature hairline. If its thinning, you might be beginning to see male pattern baldness.

The one advantage to having thick hair IMO is that it buys you a lot more time in the balding process. I just hate to imagine what Pete Sampras shower drain looked like when he started to go on top :shock:

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Yes, his hair is very very thick but that doesn't mean he's immune from being bald.

Did I say he was immune to becoming bald?..No.

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
hey thanks for the feedback guys. Wow that pic compararsion is pretty amazing,lol. The hair like on my crown and the rest of my head feels thick as ever. I suppose if anything feels thinner its my very frontal hairline. I would love to hear more feedback from anyone else if thats cool, I dont have the money to see a DERM right now. So what do you guys think, mature or balding? Thanks

bubka

Reaction score
I you dropping hairs, when you rung your hands through your head, is hair easily coming out? If not, and you are under the general rule of 100 hairs a day, you likely don't have male pattern baldness

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
I just ran my hands straight back through my hair 10 times. 5 out of the 10 times I had 1-3 hairs on my hand. The other 5 times I had no hairs on my hand.

If I sit and "ruffle" my hair really hard I can make hairs fall out grandually. Like if I really shake my hair hard and keep doing it hairs will start to fall out. I dont know if thats normal or not, im talking about like 50 hairs if I sit and ruffle my hair for 15 mins straight. I first tried this over a year ago and have not seen any thinning on my head besides the slight temple recesion.

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
so guys, anyone else have feedback on my potential balding situation? I must say that my crown area is thick as ever and you cannot see skin even when its wet under a light (I took pics to see.)

I do however say that I think im still in the process of receding at my temples, because I notice my hairs around the temple area seem thinner.

So do I have male pattern baldness or just a mature hairline developing? Besides the hair on my hairline the rest of my hair is thick as ever but like I said I feel like im going to lose more around the temples because the area seems a little thinner. Im thinking this is just a mature hairline process and not balding since all my other hair is very thick. I just wanted to know from some experience people here on whats going on. Thanks

amsch

Reaction score
if you notice many hairs falling out when going through with the hands, it may be male pattern baldness. I'd do something against it, i used to have very thick hair, lost a hell lot within 1,5 years. Don't listen to the "You're just crazy"-types of answers.

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
Thanks. I really dont ever notice more than 5 hairs when running my hands through my hair hard.

8 out of 10 times no hair at all is on my hands when I do this. What do you think I look like just from my pics? I mean a mature hairline can recede even more than mine does right?

howcanthisbe

Reaction score
my mothers side of the family, her dad died and like 80 and was not bald. I dont think any guys on my moms side were bald.