How Bad Is My Hairline Thinning? Too Late?

Jtay151

Reaction score
im 23 years and started noticing thinning at temples about 12 months ago. Now I believe it is attacking the front of my hairline. I've been putting off getting on finasteride and min now I'm really considering it.

Could get the prescriptions by next week. I was just nervous about the side effects and in denial.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 357
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 710

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too late? Lol, absolutely not. It doesn't look that bad imo, buzzcuts/very shot cuts obviously make the hairline look worse. Finasteride and minoxidil would help thicken everything up, my advice would be to start with finasteride and then add minoxidil down the line if needed. Don't pay attention to side effects, if you get them then stop, but don't be reading up horror stories because most of the side effects are psychological. Also if you grew the top out for a few months, you may be pleasantly surprised with your hair looking thicker.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
im 23 years and started noticing thinning at temples about 12 months ago. Now I believe it is attacking the front of my hairline. I've been putting off getting on finasteride and min now I'm really considering it.

Could get the prescriptions by next week. I was just nervous about the side effects and in denial.

Not everybody get side effects from finasteride (like me).

Jtay151

Reaction score
Too late? Lol, absolutely not. It doesn't look that bad imo, buzzcuts/very shot cuts obviously make the hairline look worse. Finasteride and minoxidil would help thicken everything up, my advice would be to start with finasteride and then add minoxidil down the line if needed. Don't pay attention to side effects, if you get them then stop, but don't be reading up horror stories because most of the side effects are psychological. Also if you grew the top out for a few months, you may be pleasantly surprised with your hair looking thicker.

I started wearing it short because I felt like it was more noticeable when it was longer on the top. In this picture my hair is buzzed down with a 3 guard. When I buzz it down to a 1, which is usually do, you can't tell. But as soon as it grows into a two it becomes noticeable. To me at least. I'll start finasteride next week and just keep my hair at a 1 and hope the finasteride stops it from further recession