How Bad Is It?

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
Hi All.

I'm new here and was hoping for some insight from this community. Quick background: I began taking 1.25 mg of finasteride daily back in 2010 as essentially a precautionary measure and had great success with no side effects. Because I didn't really have major hair loss or recession to begin with I foolishly stopped the meds 2 years later. For the past 3 years I've had a great, healthy head of hair with very minimal recession.

About 6 weeks ago I noticed what seemed to be a startling amount of recession on the right temporal area. I let it go for a few weeks, hoping that it was just my hair growing out funky or something (wishful thinking), but clearly it was an issue. I have since gone back to 1.25mg of finasteride daily and have been on that course for the past 3 weeks.

I've attached photos from this morning in hope that you could give me insight as to 1.)Where I am on the Norwood Scale and 2.) What your opinions are for my prognosis. Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    318.9 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1333.JPG
    IMG_1333.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 307

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nothing past a 2 IMO, very similar to my hairline, we have minor recession but its very thick all around and we don't get those obvious balding zones in the corners, for whatever reason people like us just slowly lose hair at the very edge of the hairline. You have amazing density too. I think without meds ur worst case scenario is something like gary oldman, with meds you will keep that for a long time. I highly doubt youll ever be fully bald.

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses! In your opinions is finasteride enough to improve the hairline, at least thickening a bit?

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
Hey all. I wanted to check in here at about the one year mark from my last post.

I started 1.25 mg of Finasteride daily about a year ago. I kept that regimen up for 6 months but I began to notice some sides. I thought this was odd because I had zero sides during my first course of finasteride 5 years earlier. Has this happened to anyone where they developed sides? Regardless, I tapered down to 1.25 every other day and continued that up until about 6 weeks ago, where I started taking only 1.25 a week. The sides weren't super severe, but I wanted to see if my body responded differently. The sides are still present, but aren't as intense. I'm also wondering if they are caused by my anxiety as opposed to the medication. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow to address this.

I'm the meantime I've attached photos so you can gauge my progression or regression. Please lee me know where you think I'm at and what steps you would advise.

Note-my hair is dry in these photos as opposed to the originals, but I think you can still see what I'm working with.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_2008.JPG
    IMG_2008.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2009.JPG
    IMG_2009.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 216

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
holy sh*t I can't believe it was a year ago I responded to this thread, feels like a couple of months ago. What sides are you experiencing? Your hair looks to be identical to it was last year which is an awesome sign.

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
All sexual. Mainly weaker erections and slightly decreased libido. I'm able to perform, but it seems off. Again, I find it really odd because I was on 2x as much finasteride during the last course, which lasted 2 years and had NONE of those issues. It's part of the reason I wonder how much of it is due to the meds.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All sexual. Mainly weaker erections and slightly decreased libido. I'm able to perform, but it seems off. Again, I find it really odd because I was on 2x as much finasteride during the last course, which lasted 2 years and had NONE of those issues. It's part of the reason I wonder how much of it is due to the meds.

It's definitely due to the meds bro.

Finasteride can cause serious sexual problems.

AnxiousHairGuy

Reaction score
It's definitely due to the meds bro.

Finasteride can cause serious sexual problems.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I know. That's a major concern for me. I do want to check in with my Doctor first, because again (sorry to keep repeating) I didn't have any of these issues during my earlier run. I wonder if any of it has to do with the fact that I relentlessly researched and read about finasteride and its sexual sides before starting this course and if any of it is psychological. I've thought of taking a break to see how my body responds, but I'm not sure exactly how long it takes for the system to reset (I believe it's 2 weeks) and I don't want to lose major ground hair-wise by stopping for that period of time if that isn't the issue.