How bad is it? Need advice 25 years old started at 16

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad is it? Have sh*t genetics started going bald at 16 I'm currently 25. Been taking various forms of finasteride and minoxidil for 9 and a half years.

I'm currently quartering 5 mg finasteride tablets rather than the standard 1mg I used to take, it may be placebo but I feel like the 1mg worked better?

So yeah if you guys can tell me where I stand on norwood scale and any updated treatments I could take that'd be great.
Also getting back into dermarolling very soon.

Attachments

• 20230510_011611.jpg
    20230510_011611.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 371
  • 20230510_011622.jpg
    20230510_011622.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 372
  • 20230510_011636.jpg
    20230510_011636.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 367

Stalker14

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairline doesn't look that bad, I'd say it's about norwood 1.75-2, but the diffuse thinning is quite noticeable. I recommend that you continue to take 1mg of finasteride per day, it may be worth switching to dutasteride if you see that it has become a little worse. As for minoxidil, I can say that, based on my experience, it does not help at all, but it may be able to help you.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairline doesn't look that bad, I'd say it's about norwood 1.75-2, but the diffuse thinning is quite noticeable. I recommend that you continue to take 1mg of finasteride per day, it may be worth switching to dutasteride if you see that it has become a little worse. As for minoxidil, I can say that, based on my experience, it does not help at all, but it may be able to help you.
My fear is that I've seen so many switch from finasteride to dutasteride and suffer sheds that they never recover from. Reflux hypoandrogenicity and all that. I'm thinking about going back to the full 1mg finasteride tablet instead of quartering the 5mg like I've been doing. I'm paranoid that something about splitting the pill makes it less effective.

I'm kinda crazy and was considering oral spironolactone too, 150-200 mg. I don't mind MILD feminization but my concern would be I wouldn't be able to take it long term.

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're so young, Instead of taking all these chemicals, why don't you go to a hair doctor? I recommend using a holistic and integrative approach to hair and scalp health. This will reduce inflammation in your body and at the same time it will regenerate your scalp. Many hair loss issues happen when there's something wrong in the body. It might be possible that your hair loss is due to your hormones or any mineral deficiency.

What you're doing now is just treating the symptom but you must fix the root cause of your hair loss. I hope this might help you. Thank you.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're so young, Instead of taking all these chemicals, why don't you go to a hair doctor? I recommend using a holistic and integrative approach to hair and scalp health. This will reduce inflammation in your body and at the same time it will regenerate your scalp. Many hair loss issues happen when there's something wrong in the body. It might be possible that your hair loss is due to your hormones or any mineral deficiency.

What you're doing now is just treating the symptom but you must fix the root cause of your hair loss. I hope this might help you. Thank you.
LOL