How bad is it? Currently on Big Three with Avodart 1mg

Gregint

Reaction score
How bad is my hair loss? I am currently on the big three, Nizoral 2%, Rogaine Foam 2x a day, and 1mg prescribed Avodart (I got two separate prescriptions from two different doctors). I was on Propecia before any visible signs of loss and just started this regimen on April 18, 2012.

I have no discernible loss in the front, but I am worried that I may be a diffuse thinner which is why I have adopted such an aggressive treatment plan.

Please let me know your opinions. Am I losing hair? Is it bad? Non-existent? Someone made a comment to me a few months back that I was losing my hair and this is what is driving me crazy now.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 14eaaec5f5

T

TravisB

israelite said:
80% its a swirl aka cowlick.

I don't think so. It looks too big to be a cowlick. Also it seems that the whole area around this "cowlick" is thinner.

Gregint

Reaction score
Yes, I am not a very easy case to diagnose.

I went to two doctors (because I got two separate prescriptions for Avodart .5mg each) and both of them told me that it was unclear whether or not I was losing hair.

I guess we'll wait and see. I think if I don't regrow any hair on my big three treatment regimen in twelve months than that means I was never really losing my hair. I will keep the board posted with my progress on April 18, 2013 so that I may be of some benefit to others who think they might have diffuse thinning and not classical male pattern baldness receding from the front.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Was your hair always that thin in the back? It definitely looks like male pattern baldness to me I mean what else causes that much thinning in the crown?

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
The patch looks like a cowlick but the hair thinning around it makes it looks suspicious although it might just be the lighting

Gregint

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Was your hair always that thin in the back? It definitely looks like male pattern baldness to me I mean what else causes that much thinning in the crown?

My hair always looked normal with no clear thinning until I grew it out to its present length. It seems like growing it longer has led to it looking like I am thinning. I am pretty certain that were I to cut it short again, it would like I have a full head of hair. There is a little bit of doubt, though, which is why I am treating it as if I am losing my hair and asking you guys.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
at your stage, I would likely cut out the rogain, the finasteride, and the nizoral. Just the dutasteride (no sides Im guessing) and you will be fine I'd say.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Wow you are taking a complete arsenal for what seems to be minor thinning.. in fact, you may be contributing to the thinning as you almost always see an excessive thinning period when you begin treatment, especially minoxidil! I don't know your dates and how long you have been on it all but I would drop all except for nizoral and propecia.. Save the rest for 10 years from now if you are still thinning. IF you use concealers, you would have complete coverage.. easily..

by the way, combining dutasteride and finasteride may be completely counterproductive! not to mention unhealthy.