How are hair pieces attached?

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one, but don't want to get embarassed by it flying off in high wind or any other situation. So how do you attach a hairpiece and how reliable are they to stay in place?
Also, how often do you need to replace them? I'm not spending three or four hundred dollars every few months.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
hi thetodd

i use white glue at the front and tape at the back i get about 5 to 6 days hold theres no way it will fly off lol..

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that. White glue and tape? How irritated does the scalp get from leaving the hair piece on for a few days?

USTom

Reaction score
There are lots of ways of attaching them but ultimately it comes down to two: liquid adhesives and tape.

There is NO WAY you'd ever have to worry about wind. Even when you're completely sweaty and in a hurricane, you have nothing to worry about.

Different companies will suggest different ones and generally, they will know what is best.

If you get a lace front, you will have a few more complications in the front hairline but you'll quickly learn how to handle that too.

I also thought the scalp would get irritated but that is not the case.

The base of the unit is a very light mesh so it's not much different than having real hair on your head.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
And how often do they need replaced?
I don't mind spending a couple hundred dollars on a decent hair piece, but don't want to have to keep doing that every two months. I just couldn't justify it financially. If they are good for five or six months, though, that would be acceptable.

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score
do you wash and style your wig as you would normal hair ??

Reaction score
I heard the part right below the glued area feels like pin pricks when the hair is trying to grow under it, Is that true? i am only worried about that because i still have some sparse hair in the balding area.