How after dropping finasteride did your acne go away?!!!

eentity

Reaction score
Hey guys.......i've been on Propecia for 4 months now, and i just can't seem to get my acne to go away. I'm on the strongest topical cream out there. TAZORAC, and it's still not doing anything. Been on it 2.5 months. I mean sh*t!!!!!!!

so....for those of you that dropped Propecia because of the bad acne breakouts, how long before it got better?...!!!.....might do a test and drop propecia for a little while. SuX!!!!!!!

E

G

Why don't you try dropping the dose, try not to go below 0.25mg (quarter of a propecia pill).

good luck

Ty

eentity

Reaction score
hmmmm...........sounds like a good idea. That brings me to my next question then. Are their any studies done on the effects of using a lower dosage of finasteride.

Same efficacy? Can .5 mg really do the same as 1mg?

c

Established Member
Reaction score
i am at the same point you are in regards to acne and propecia.

I don't and most likely won't stop taking the propecia as a result of my acne increasing.

The only option at the moment is to go on accutane again, but the side effects of that evil drug are even worse.

So what do to......

I'm just going to have to see how it goes, i'm on my 4th month aswell and know that the acne i have is being caused by crazy hormones, and i just hope that they settle down. And i don't know about dropping the propecia dose as i do not believe that that would help the hair loss ( i can't find any info on whether or not its good or bad thing).

So at the moment i just use benzol peroxide face wash which helps a little, but not with the cystic, under the skin resistant, acne.

I'm going to go and see a dermo next week aswell and see what they can offer.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that sometimes and increase in acne and sex drive in the beginning of Propecia is normal. It should go away after a while once your body balances it self out. However, if it doesnt then you should definetly reduce the dosage or stop it all together.

Tony Montana