How about we could just fry our Androgen Receptors.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean its AR receptors that are responsible right....If we can break them or nullify them with i don't know LASERS then BAMMM correct me if i am wrong

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm, i think it may be something with applying laser.
I had a worse thin/almost bald crown, i did some SMP, was not satisfied, and lasered it off.
Four months after laser the hair grew colourless, but after that, surprise, it came back reasonably thicker than before laser treatment. It was Q-switch laser ND-Yag. I mean, i don't have full hair there, but it's some 50% thicker/better than before laser treatment.

I wonder if someone had researched this before, if laser treatment could be beneficial for miniaturised hair? Laser may improve circulation/destroy fibrosis, i think.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
That would fry our follicles as well

Well, i wrote above, had laser treatment in hair zone and, not only that laser didn't fry my follciles, but they grew thicker.
Of course, it depends on the laser used, there are lasers which kill hair and lasers which do not.

beholder

Established Member
Reaction score
you're confusing macro things (laser treatment) with micro and nano things (the level at which antibodies, proteins, receptors and genes function).

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, i wrote above, had laser treatment in hair zone and, not only that laser didn't fry my follciles, but they grew thicker.
Of course, it depends on the laser used, there are lasers which kill hair and lasers which do not.

I think the OP talks about other ways, not laser treatment for regrowth.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the OP talks about other ways, not laser treatment for regrowth.
Exactly man i meant like a lotion or cream or oil or topicals or even a PRP treatment would work they would be in a way affordable...

- - - Updated - - -

Im talking about something that would be available to mass population

beholder

Established Member
Reaction score
There already are antiandrogen-related compounds used for hairloss.

However, you're most probably talking about androgen receptor antagonist. Flutamide, nilutamide. Costly, available mostly for cancer sufferers. Spironolactone, cyproterone acetate are also good anti-androgens with only very weak androgenic activity.

I'd go only topical with these and only low doses in the beginning as systemic use would have similar effects as those of 5aR blockers.

beholder

Established Member
Reaction score
forget that one for now, it's not even out of trials yet

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ketoconazole inhibits androgen receptors and it competes with androgens in the scalp when used topically. It's quite a helpful medication to use to help treat Androgenetic Alopecia since the level of androgen receptors are higher in a balding scalp than a non-balding scalp. Just keep in mind that Ketoconazole is far too weak to halt Androgenetic Alopecia.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
This came into my head now
:-1. Get on finasteride for 6 months
2.Get a prp Treatment
3.Keto all the way from then no more finasteride
Any advice????

beholder

Established Member
Reaction score
For the purpose of blocking androgens I have started to use a combination of ketoconazole and ascorbic acid. There are studies which confirm in vitro that ascorbic acid blocks DHT-induced DKK-1 mRNA expression. These studies confirmed that L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate or topical L-ascorbic acid should help with hair loss:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20701628
http://www.jdsjournal.com/article/S0923-1811(05)00327-0/abstract
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-5945/4/13

I am using other compounds as well but for blocking androgens I am using these. Seems to be working so far. No shedding.