How about Osmotics FNS

MeMyselfandI

Reaction score
I've read a little about the Follicle nutrient serum. How come more poeple havent tried this? Does anone know anything about it?

The reason why I'm posting up about some of the alternative products is because, quite frankly, the big 3 scares the sh*t out of me.

I have been reading and it just doesnt seem as though the big 3 work as well as I would like to see. I know its a catch 22 (you gotta shed to regrow) but I would hate to go through a massive shed brought on by a DHT inhibitor, that would take out 3 or 4 years worth of "natural" shedded hair just to have a few come back. Maybe more would grow back than I think but I'm not getting that feeling from reading these posts. Someone tell me I'm wrong...

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
THe Follicle Nutrient Serum(FNS) from what I have read is kind of a scam. Maybe that's why no one is trying it. If you don't want to use propecia as the dht inhibitor then use spironolactone(topical). You need an dht inhibitor or your hair will continue to fall out. spironolactone is actually an anti-androgen. It blocks hormones from attaching to the receptor. I like it. It works for me.

MeMyselfandI

Reaction score
Its too bad that it might be a scam, its based on some pretty incredible work by that doctor in Israel.

I've been thinking alot about spironolactone. But it causes shedding to fom what I gather..maybe not as much as some of the rest. I feel I need to start something soon. My hairline isnt too bad right now, I just want to slow it down for as long as I can.

Bismarck

Reaction score
MeMyselfandI said:
Its too bad that it might be a scam, its based on some pretty incredible work by that doctor in Israel.

FNS as it is sold by Osmotics doesn't contain the same ingredients as the FNS as it was used during the studies in Isreal.

BIS

Bismarck

Reaction score
The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis
What the f***!?!?!?!? Sounds kinda fishy to me. I wonder if they will ever get to put those growth hormones back in there. Maybe someone should pay them to do that. That probably won't work cause Merck will just pay them more to keep them out of the formula. :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :!: :!: :!:

Bismarck

Reaction score
kalika said:
Bismarck said:

bis
What the f***!?!?!?!? Sounds kinda fishy to me. I wonder if they will ever get to put those growth hormones back in there. Maybe someone should pay them to do that. That probably won't work cause Merck will just pay them more to keep them out of the formula. :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :!: :!: :!:

Don't know if that story is true. But most people using FNS are in no way satisfied. And the studies showed great results. I can't imagine that thsi study was faked (it was done at the Technion in Tel Aviv if I remember correctly). I think that they removed Insulin, HGH and Thyroxine from the solution. (Perhaps this was the key...)

bis

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:

bis

Don't know if that story is true. But most people using FNS are in no way satisfied. And the studies showed great results. I can't imagine that thsi study was faked (it was done at the Technion in Tel Aviv if I remember correctly). I think that they removed Insulin, HGH and Thyroxine from the solution. (Perhaps this was the key...)

bis
It probably is a true story and your'e probably right about the hormones in it being the success.

Bismarck

Reaction score
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:

bis

bis
It probably is a true story and your'e probably right about the hormones in it being the success.

They said that they removed the hormones since they had no effect on hairloss. Hmmm... Why does anybody add three different hormones to a treatment knowing that they're not necessary?
Kalika, do you have a link to the pics of the study? I'm getting interested in that stuff....

bis

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:

bis

bis

They said that they removed the hormones since they had no effect on hairloss. Hmmm... Why does anybody add three different hormones to a treatment knowing that they're not necessary?
Kalika, do you have a link to the pics of the study? I'm getting interested in that stuff....

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.

Bismarck

Reaction score
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
[quote="Bismarck":d5d09]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:d5d09]

OK. Here are the results. Wow.
fns_before_after.jpg

bis

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
[quote="kalika":8e502][quote="Bismarck":8e502]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:8e502]

fns_before_after.jpg

bis[/quote:8e502]Cool! Looks to be good. Do you think that these pics are real? I hope they are.

Bismarck

Reaction score
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
[quote="Bismarck":af31e][quote="kalika":af31e][quote="Bismarck":af31e]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:af31e]

fns_before_after.jpg

bis[/quote:af31e]Cool! Looks to be good. Do you think that these pics are real? I hope they are.[/quote:af31e]

I think they are real. But the guys on that pics used the original "piniel" stuff. And not the modified FNS. FNS is a scam. It's like selling Rogaine without Minoxidil.

bis

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
[quote="kalika":b3320][quote="Bismarck":b3320][quote="kalika":b3320][quote="Bismarck":b3320]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:b3320]

fns_before_after.jpg

bis[/quote:b3320]Cool! Looks to be good. Do you think that these pics are real? I hope they are.[/quote:b3320]

I think they are real. But the guys on that pics used the original "piniel" stuff. And not the modified FNS. FNS is a scam. It's like selling Rogaine without Minoxidil.

bis[/quote:b3320]Yes that sounds very true. I don't see how the sh*t sells a all personally.

Bismarck

Reaction score
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
[quote="Bismarck":4ecf4][quote="kalika":4ecf4][quote="Bismarck":4ecf4][quote="kalika":4ecf4][quote="Bismarck":4ecf4]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:4ecf4]

fns_before_after.jpg

bis[/quote:4ecf4]Cool! Looks to be good. Do you think that these pics are real? I hope they are.[/quote:4ecf4]

bis[/quote:4ecf4]Yes that sounds very true. I don't see how the sh*t sells a all personally.[/quote:4ecf4]

I guess we will never find out the real mixture. But we can continue quoting.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
MeMyselfandI said:
I have been reading and it just doesnt seem as though the big 3 work as well as I would like to see. I know its a catch 22 (you gotta shed to regrow) but I would hate to go through a massive shed brought on by a DHT inhibitor, that would take out 3 or 4 years worth of "natural" shedded hair just to have a few come back. Maybe more would grow back than I think but I'm not getting that feeling from reading these posts. Someone tell me I'm wrong...

Based on your reading what evidence do you have that the Big 3 doesn't seem to work well. In order to regrow, or maintain your hair, you will have to go through inevitable sheds. I think the shedding process scares you because you don't know enough about it. At this moment, if your losing hair, your shedding anyways. What a product like minoxidil does is stimulate your follicle. When your follicle is reached with this stimulus it reacts by realizing the existing hair in order to regrow a potentially thicker, terminal hair. If a product works, then eventually you'll need to have a shed while on it, in order to get results. The reason you see quite a few negative posts on here from time to time is because people generally only come back when they are experiencing problems or feel the product is not working for them. The people that have had good results usually forget about hairloss for a while. It's because of this that you cannot base your impressions on the percentage of people a product works for, on people's comments in a forum. There opinion will always be inherently skewed and not indicitivate of a product's quality. This being said, there are still very many positive posts, usually always concerning people who have had success on the BIG 3.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
[quote="kalika":08629][quote="Bismarck":08629][quote="kalika":08629][quote="Bismarck":08629][quote="kalika":08629][quote="Bismarck":08629]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:08629]

fns_before_after.jpg

bis[/quote:08629]Cool! Looks to be good. Do you think that these pics are real? I hope they are.[/quote:08629]

bis[/quote:08629]Yes that sounds very true. I don't see how the sh*t sells a all personally.[/quote:08629]

I guess we will never find out the real mixture. But we can continue quoting.[/quote:08629]

Used FNS and it did nothing, its amazing they are still selling this useless poo.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Shave my poodle said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
[quote="Bismarck":22f46][quote="kalika":22f46][quote="Bismarck":22f46][quote="kalika":22f46][quote="Bismarck":22f46][quote="kalika":22f46][quote="Bismarck":22f46]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:22f46]

fns_before_after.jpg

bis[/quote:22f46]Cool! Looks to be good. Do you think that these pics are real? I hope they are.[/quote:22f46]

bis[/quote:22f46]Yes that sounds very true. I don't see how the sh*t sells a all personally.[/quote:22f46]

I guess we will never find out the real mixture. But we can continue quoting.[/quote:22f46]

Used FNS and it did nothing, its amazing they are still selling this useless poo.[/quote:22f46]

As already said, they removed some (growth) hormones. But why? In my opinion a potential real regrowth treatment consists of growth hormones. Only blocking DHT is not the deal. Even if you remove your testicle (=100% DHT inhibition) you won't see much regrowth.
The researchers should find out what mechanisms make vellus hairs to terminal hairs on a babys head. If it would be possible to imitate the biochemical processes that happen when maturing the would be the chance for a real regrowth treatment.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
Shave my poodle said:
Bismarck said:
kalika said:
Bismarck said:
[quote="kalika":938e3][quote="Bismarck":938e3][quote="kalika":938e3][quote="Bismarck":938e3][quote="kalika":938e3][quote="Bismarck":938e3][quote="kalika":938e3][quote="Bismarck":938e3]The pictures were done with the "original" FNS. They removed some growth hormones. I don't know the why. I've heard that this Doctor received money from Merck to remove them...

bis

bis

bis
No I sure don't. If I find it I'll let you know. Yes, something definitely fishy goin' on with that crap.[/quote:938e3]

fns_before_after.jpg

bis[/quote:938e3]Cool! Looks to be good. Do you think that these pics are real? I hope they are.[/quote:938e3]

bis[/quote:938e3]Yes that sounds very true. I don't see how the sh*t sells a all personally.[/quote:938e3]

I guess we will never find out the real mixture. But we can continue quoting.[/quote:938e3]

Used FNS and it did nothing, its amazing they are still selling this useless poo.[/quote:938e3]

As already said, they removed some (growth) hormones. But why? In my opinion a potential real regrowth treatment consists of growth hormones. Only blocking DHT is not the deal. Even if you remove your testicle (=100% DHT inhibition) you won't see much regrowth.
The researchers should find out what mechanisms make vellus hairs to terminal hairs on a babys head. If it would be possible to imitate the biochemical processes that happen when maturing the would be the chance for a real regrowth treatment.[/quote:938e3]

I believe they removed some ingredients as it was either illegal to sell them or impossible to preserve them in a comsumer product.