Hospital Group - Taking the plunge

brookster

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am new heare and have just booked an appointment to have a hair transplant at the back end of September. I am going through the Hospital Group.

Has anyone had any dealings with these or know how good their surgeons are? I am using Dr Goldstone. I have been quoted £2500 for 1500 - 2000 grafts. My main balding is on the crown which i hate and i want it covered up. I went for my consultation and the consultant said he thought i would be okay with propecia but he has just called me and shown the surgeons the pics he took and they have said transplant would be the better option.

I really want to stop wearing caps but i am also apprehensive about parting with this money for something i may regret

help please

Anyone??

antonio666

Reaction score
I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO RETHINK THIS COURSE OF ACTION,NOT THE TRANSPLANT IT SELF BUT GOING WITH UK HAIR TRANSPLANT GROUPS ,ASK SAF HOW BAD THEY ARE,THIS COMPANY HAS A AWFUL REPUTATION AND YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT.

I AM DOING THIS POST IN CAPS TO EMPHISIZE TO RETHINK

antonio666

Reaction score
i think you should go to dr rahal for 2500 quid you will get double the amount of grafts you would at the rip off group sorry hospital group and 1000 times the result,do your research and ask both people who have had work done with both,by the way dr rahal is in canada but well worth the plane fair

brookster

Reaction score
Oh great, well i suppose i can always get out of it as i have not parted with any money yet!

What makes them so bad and why is there such a huge difference??

So there is not one good surgeon in the UK????

Makes me think i will just not bother. I have looked at loads of people and i have not heard bad stories about the Hospital Group which is why i chose them and now i find out they are bad. Back to the drawing board then.

Why is it you just feel like all these companies prey on people's lack of confidence!!!!

i did think it was strange how i was told i did not need full transplant and propecia would suffice and then they changed their mind!!

So seriously , there is no decent surgeons in the UK? surely there must be.

I really appreciate all these comments regardless!!

Sean68

Reaction score
you need to have a look round the transplant forum mate before you make a decision. theres only a handful of surgeons that most people would
go to me included. none of them are over here unfortunately.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I read online somewhere that Alvi Armani has a UK branch. Apparently he and his clinics are the shiznit as far as hair transplant's are concerned... Agree with the others though - research this VERY carefully!

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BROOKSTER!!!!!! PLEASE AVOID!!!!!

They have butchered 100's of people and they end up spending more having repair work done in the US,

Please check out these links :::::::

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/inde ... wtopic=777

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/inde ... topic=2528

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/inde ... owforum=17

The above links are from a UK forum, many members there have had thier fingers burnt with UK hair transplant clinics, I had a consultation with the hospital group in Manchester and booked a procedure with them, luckily I met spex and checked out these forums, and cancelled.

PM me if you need any advice

s.a.f

Reaction score
I've PM'd him! :wink:

powersam

Reaction score
glad you asked brookster and glad people answered so quickly. hair transplants can be awesome, but get the wrong surgeon and you and your wallet can be scarred for life. a shitload of research and testimonials from previous patients found on boards such as this one, are the only way to pick a surgeon. you need to see recent samples of previous work.

brookster

Reaction score
honestly i want to save a massive thank you to people who have bothered to reply and give advice. I am clearly new to all this and although i have been thinking about it 4 a while its clear there are a lot of butchers and money grabbers out there and i need to do a helluva lot more research out there.

Infact i am even considering if its even necessary at all

Callum Best, Jason Statham and Kelly Slater. They seem to do alright in life.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Lucky_UK said:
PM me if you need any advice

WHY?

Whats wrong with posting here so everyone can benefit?

If he wants to ask questions here that is fine by me cassin, when I first started looking into hair transplant I was offered the same and most of my research was done by PM's, the hair transplant section of this forum doesn't seem to be that busy either.

Please don't think I am shilling because I am not, if the US was too far to go then I would of reccomended Dr ******** in Brussels.

If we have saved this guy from being butchered then its a job well done IMO

s.a.f

Reaction score
The salesman for the Hospital group 'Steven Barnes' was on this board recently posing under the name of Avit, I hope he's watching this. :p

haggis

Reaction score
hi brookster, you are very lucky to have found this website!

brookster

Reaction score
Been doing more research and rang the Armani clinic and spoke to somebody there with regards 2000 grafts. Apparently its 5 quid a graft so it would cost around £10K

He may well be good but lets face it , the f**ker ought to be at that price!

I guess it poses the question how much does it matter to me??

Surely there are cheaper options elsewhere!!!

powersam

Reaction score
probably not in the UK, and then you'd have to factor in flights to the US or wherever, accomodation etc. but trust me you can't shop by price for a hair transplant. it'll end up costing you far more in the long run with repair work etc...

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
brookster said:
Been doing more research and rang the Armani clinic and spoke to somebody there with regards 2000 grafts. Apparently its 5 quid a graft so it would cost around £10K

He may well be good but lets face it , the f**ker ought to be at that price!

I guess it poses the question how much does it matter to me??

Surely there are cheaper options elsewhere!!!

im assuming that is FUE prices because armani is stopping strip surgeries.

brookster are you aware there are two main types of hair transplant surgeries available?

sounds like you got quoted for FUE and not strip which would be a lot cheaper

Reaction score
brookster said:
My main balding is on the crown which i hate and i want it covered up. I went for my consultation and the consultant said he thought i would be okay with propecia but he has just called me and shown the surgeons the pics he took and they have said transplant would be the better option.

I've never heard of them but the advise the consultant gave borders on fraud - propecia works best on the crown and given time on the drug you may be lucky and regrow the crown without any transplant.