Horsetail?

G

Has anybody ever tried Horsetail as a supplement or think it could have any benefit to a regimen?

:hairy:

The Gardener

Reaction score
It works best when ground with a little black crow feather and an eye of newt. After grinding, stir it into your minoxidil bottle. When the smoke turns from brown to green you know you have the concoction just right.

G

:lol: LOL. Dont make me come over there and pee on your garden! :hairy:

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
I use it mate, makes my hair shiny and does speed up growth slightly.. Makes it look a bit thicker too. Its good stuff if you want healthy hair.

I have read SOME people have had lesser shedding, but you would have to check http://www.hairsite.com for that because thats where I read it.

Hope thats of some help mate.

G

Thanks Stinger for the info. I`ll do a search on hairsite as well. I ordered some Horsetail this afternoon, wonder if it comes with or without the rest of the horse? :p I like the idea of increased speed of hair growth which is one of the reaons why i take MSM.

Redbone

Reaction score
Whats that avitar Gardner? I like to make horsetail soup for my friends at Christmas time.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright mate, theres some posts there check in the 'natural remedies' section of their forums, you might even hear about this bloke who halted his hair loss on herbs and ppl are following his regimen and they have had some success in stopping their loss, weird I know but read it.. I forgot his name if I remember I will post it here!

Yeah its good growing the hair faster, can see if there is any new growth :)

You ordered some stuff from puritan? It may take 3 - 4 weeks but it will come :p Apparently they changed their mail deliverer and goods are meant to arrive quicker now, well we will see :)

Sorry if this post sounds a bit dopey im sleep lol :D

G

Stinger122 said:
Yeah its good growing the hair faster, can see if there is any new growth :)

You ordered some stuff from puritan? It may take 3 - 4 weeks but it will come :p Apparently they changed their mail deliverer and goods are meant to arrive quicker now, well we will see :)

Yeah i also think faster hair growth is good to bring weaker hairs out of minuratisation quicker. Yup i ordered Horsetail from Puritan along with some MSM, Biotin and Arginine today. Hope it comes soon! :lol:

G

Stinger122 said:
Alright mate, theres some posts there check in the 'natural remedies' section of their forums, you might even hear about this bloke who halted his hair loss on herbs and ppl are following his regimen and they have had some success in stopping their loss, weird I know but read it.. I forgot his name if I remember I will post it here!

I had a look on Hairsite, its the Hanginthair guy right?

I found this link on Horsetail:

http://community.healthgate.com/getcont ... p/pg000661

Turbo

Reaction score
Yeah i also think faster hair growth is good to bring weaker hairs out of minuratisation quicker. Yup i ordered Horsetail from Puritan along with some MSM, Biotin and Arginine today. Hope it comes soon!

Zimmy, which msm,arginine,horsetail you ordered m8? how much you planning on taking and when? :hairy:

G

Turbo said:
Zimmy, which msm,arginine,horsetail you ordered m8? how much you planning on taking and when? :hairy:

MSM 120 x 1000MG capsules - i take 6000mg daily split AM and PM.
http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?x ... D=867&np=0

Biotin 100x 1000mcg tablets - i have been taking 2.5 mcg daily, i may increase the dosage, not sure yet.
http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?x ... ID=94&np=0

Arginine 200 x 500mg capsules - i take 2000mg daily on an empty stomach. Im going to start cycleing Arginine, 3 weeks on and 1 week off.
http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?x ... D=328&np=0

Horsetail 100 x 440mg capsules - going to take 1 tablet daily
http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?x ... D=475&np=0

Hope that helps! :)

G

Biotin 100x 1000mcg tablets - i have been taking 2.5 mcg daily, i may increase the dosage, not sure yet.

just working on the one hair then?

Ty

G

tynanW said:

just working on the one hair then?

Ty

Yes just the one hair and you can buy it for a dollar.

You know what i meannnssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! 2.5mg daily. :p

Ty what do you think about take 5mg of Biotin daily? Ive seen some 5mg capsules on the net.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
Stinger122 said:

I had a look on Hairsite, its the Hanginthair guy right?

I found this link on Horsetail:

http://community.healthgate.com/getcont ... p/pg000661

Yes Zimmy it is Hanginthair, hes helped some peeps by the looks of it.

lol zimmy, so Puritan is better than buying stuff from England eh? :p You owe me one b**ch! :p

Im gonna start taking the 5mg soon, I reckon it IS worth a try, no harm, some peeps have taken 8mg and have had no side effects.. I think someone even mentioned in a post earlier that GNC used to sell Biotin and say it would stop/regrow hair... But they FDA stopped them because there was no evidence or something like that.

In a bit mate.

G

Stinger122 said:
Yes Zimmy it is Hanginthair, hes helped some peeps by the looks of it.

lol zimmy, so Puritan is better than buying stuff from England eh? :p You owe me one b**ch! :p

Im gonna start taking the 5mg soon, I reckon it IS worth a try, no harm, some peeps have taken 8mg and have had no side effects.. I think someone even mentioned in a post earlier that GNC used to sell Biotin and say it would stop/regrow hair... But they FDA stopped them because there was no evidence or something like that.

In a bit mate.

Hey Stinger, im nobodies b**ch except my daddys! LOL. :oops:

....anyway...look on the unproven and experimental section of this site at the thread on biotin, i posted a bit about how i think Biotin has helped get rid of some grey hairs at my temples. I dont think 5mg of Biotin is too high a dosage. There was some guy on HLH who said hes taking about 10mg of Biotin daily. If you find any cheaper sites for 5mg Biotin let me know. I ceertainly dont think Biotin will stop hairloss but it looks like its a very good addition to any regimen along side my main b**ch MSM. :lol:

wheresmyhair

Reaction score
good stuff plenty of UK boyz here...
...I read the thread zimmy and i like my regimen natural but did u read the side effects for horsetail????
make sure u drink plenty of water before bed or u might not wake up!
any side effects 2 speak of stinger??

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest iv never noticed ANY side effects with horsetail I take 1 a day but the label says take 3 - 4, I think thats maybe why im not dehydrated.. But I think we should all be drinking plenty of water anyway shouldnt we?! :p

Make sure you take some B vitamins with it though, apparently it can lower your B vitamin levels.

Hope thats of some help, if you need any more just ask! :)