Horrific hair loss

anon082

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm kinda new to this forum so i'll tell my story quickly and see if you might be able to help me :(
i started treating hairloss about 20 months ago (first using propecia only) later adding nizoral and at the end started using minoxidil 5% (applied once a day)
after about 8 months i was in such good shape that i couldn't be happier , but then serious sides started to talk place and i decreased propecia from 1 pill to 0.5 for few months
after about 3 months i started to feel a massive shed so i raisded it back to 0.75 and even tried taking full pill every other day (with both ways i kept losing hair)

So i just felt like i gotta add something to help , so i added minoxidil 10% (tugain) , so for the past 3 months i'm using (0.5-0.75 of Propecia) + 5% minoxidil morning + 10% minoxidil night + nizoral
the problem is that since i started using the minoxidil 10% i just feel like i'm losing massive amount of hair (i can start to see bald spots) and i have no idea , at first i thought it was initial shed but it's been 3 months
and although adding it i just keep losing my hair so i really need someones help since i'm hopeless and depressed

I gotta mention that somewhere down the line i changed from propecia to finpecia and just wondering if that might have made the change? (although when i first cut the amount from 1 pill to 0.5 , it was the original propecia and i still lost
hair ) , also i do feel the sides with finpecia aswell so i doubt it shouldn't work exactly the same.. :S
another thing is that lately i've been not so consistent with the nizoral (using it 1-3(at best) times a week) and once i was using it 3-4 times a week

i really hope someone can give me advice since i just start losing all hope of gaining the hair i've lost and i really miss the times when i actually saw improvement and new tiny hairs starting to form on my temples , and all i get now is continued shedding :*( :*(

please help . :(

the_good_fight

Reaction score
I've been posting on a few shedding threads because I'm going through a huge one as well.

To me, it sounds like you need to get on a *consistent* regimen for at least 6-9 months and see what happens.

All those changes are going to trigger sheds, and the more you change them the more shedding you'll keep seeing.

You may have seen a shed when you dropped the propecia just because you changed the dose.

You're changing hormones, and that's no small deal.

But my advice is that of just someone on this forum— you should seek advice from a doctor if you're very concerned.

Keep in mind that after being consistent with the medications, you have to wait 6-9 months to see if you're stabilizing and growing hair back.

anon082

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it's been about 5 months since i posted this topic ,
For the last 3 months i've been taking 1mg of finpecia + 2x 5% minoxidil + nizoral (3 times a week)
And nothing changes , i keep losing more and more hair it almost feels unreal and i'm just depressed by the fact that last year using the same regimen (only then it was minoxidil 5% 1 time a day) i had full thick hair
and now i'm losing my hair badly (at the front hairline)

just noting that i started retaking 1mg of finpecia each day about 2.5 months ago (same for changing from 1x 5% + 1x10% minoxidil to 2x5% minoxidil a day)
if anyone has any idea for why i keep losing hair even though i'm on the big 3 (and even started taking full pill of finpecia aswell) and still losing my hair i'll be thankfull
btw as for the shedding , i shed both miniaturize hairs and thick hairs.