HopelesslyHopeful's Story - (20 year old)

HopelesslyHopeful

Reaction score
Started thinning in high school. Got comments from friends saying I was balding, which I just shrugged off because it was so minor at the time. Then college came around and I really noticed it, and so wore a hat for literally my whole freshman year. Sophomore year came around and I just cut my hair short. Started buzzing it really short about half way through and now keep it around 1/4 inch long, sometimes going to 1/8.

I've been on Propecia since February and just started rogaine last month and just recently began using nizoral. Hopeful for some thickening. I've never had the chance to style my hair and I just wish I could for once.

What norwood would you classify this as?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 212

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 20 year old - judge me, internet people!

Why cant people tell what Norwood they are?
I'd say you are NW2, not more than that anyway. Congrats on starting treatment early dude.

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score

i would also say 2. you have a storng hairline...youre golden if you keep that. looks good buzzed

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Anthony83 said:
i would also say 2. you have a storng hairline...youre golden if you keep that. looks good buzzed
Agree with that as well. Pay no mind to the fuckfaces in your college, HopelesslyHopeful.

HopelesslyHopeful

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Don't even think he's a NW2. Is your hair thin when it's grown out?
Yeah. I used to have such thick hair, though, as in clogging the hair clippers every other second. I miss those days.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
NW2 with diffused thinning. I am similar.

If you can tolerate minoxidil then I think you'll be fine. Although I would go with finasteride only for atleast the first 6 months.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Don't even think he's a NW2. Is your hair thin when it's grown out?

The overhead shot shows his horse shoe pattern pretty well, I imagine it would be fairly thin if grown out.
As the others said though, it looks good buzzed and you have a strong hairline still, so you have caught it pretty early.

I'd get on the big three, minoxidil should be easily for you to apply and then take pics every 3 months or so. Don't forget to update us, you have some good baseline pics so it will be interesting to track how you go.
GL.

HopelesslyHopeful

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I know I say this A LOT .. but if you look at myhair buzzed... and then look at his... OUR HAIR LOOKS THE SAME....

btw how is your treatments going ?

PM your e-mail address or somthing because out of everyone your hairline and hair loss looks like mine and I would be happy if we tracked this hairloss progress together in camparing pics and stuff.. thanks bro.

Ryan
Definitely dude. I checked yours out and had a double take.

Haven't seen any difference since I made the post. Still on my same regiment.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate to be a dick. But, I'm going to tell it like it is. On the Norwood scale you are typically a Norwood 2. Unfortuenatly, the Norwood scale doesn't measure Diffuse thinning. So, I'll make my own scale.

On a scale of 1-10 of Diffuse thinning, where 10 is basically bald, you are about a 5. So, you are about a Norwood 2/DT 5.
This for a 20 year old is pretty aggressive. Actually anything below 26-28 is aggressive. I'm in the same boat as you, actually I'm in a worse position.

I reccomend you continue with the treatments since you have started them. Unfortuenatly, Finasteride and Minoxidil are dangerous, there are countless studies which prove this and we the hair loss commuinity give it the cold shoulder. Neurological disoders etc. have not yet been observed because the drug has only been used for Androgenetic Alopecia since 1998. Depression and anxiety problems, sexual problems, I've had them all!, we ignore this but it's true. Anyway, I realise you won't pay much attention to that since hair seems so important. I did the exact same thing. If you aren't experiencing side effects within the first year you will probably see them within 20 years. Anyways, when you see the first signs of side effects get off the drugs immediately. 5-AR and DHT are complex and potent Hormones, the body requires them, nobody knows what they are required for when it comes to the Brain and many more of their required tasks . I used to hate people who adovacated this information, but I realise what they mean now.

HopelesslyHopeful

Reaction score
Been a while. No good news though, it's pretty much stayed the same, maybe gotten a little worse.

I've kept up on my regiment (1 mg finasteride a day, two applications of 5% rogaine foam per day, nizoral every other day or so). I've also just recently added that spironolactone S5 cream to the mix at night.

I tried to capture the images in as close to the original as possible.

The only real difference between the original post and now is that I have a crap load of little white hairs that the flash shots don't show, so I put a couple non-flash to show them.

Attachments

• update_flash.jpg
    update_flash.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 182
  • update_noflash.jpg
    update_noflash.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 193
  • vellus.jpg
    vellus.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 185
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 173
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 186

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
no reply from this guy.... another failure
you're quite annoying.. write him a PM.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
Shma said:
irishpride86 said:
no reply from this guy.... another failure
you're quite annoying.. write him a PM.

i know... im sorry i have lots of pm's ... fact is he prolly is not doing that well... of course i hope im wrong
you weren't acvite as much too when you were happy with your hair, weren't you?

write him a PM, he'll probably get an email notification and come back to you.