Hope after all :)

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I found this site after starting my regimen.

I'm 45 and a diffuse thinner. I've never had thick hair. When I was in my mid-twenties my forehead started to recede rapidly. Scared me to death, but it stabilized. High foreheads run in my Dad's side of the family. Mom's side of the familiy has thinning hair. Last time I saw my uncle (Mom's side) he just had thin whisps on top.

I started getting comments about my bald spot in my thirties. Don't you just love those? I half-heartedly started Minoxidil (they probably only had 2% then), but probably didn't give it enough time and didn't like the expense and hassle.

Now in my forties. Bald spot is getting bigger (still diffuse though). Just something to live with I thought. Last year I really took a good look at the thinning in the middle and front of my hair. Unacceptable!

In a last ditch effort before doing the Jason Statham thing I'm trying Propecia and 5% Minoxidil (just added Nizoral 1%). I actually got the idea for using finasteride and minoxidil from watching an episode of Law and Order SVU. Maybe Chris Meloni was giving us his regimen.

Anyway, here are the results after 4 months:

1-29-07

6-2-07

I'm happy and hopeful for more. I wish I had started sooner. Stick with the 3 P's!

Best wishes!

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

After seeing the 4 month pictures I was thrilled. It's like a second chance. It must be what a woman feels like after a good boob job :)

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing results in such a short space of time. Congrats - gives the rest of us some hope with what we are doing.

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Believe me, I won't get sloppy.

This is definately an example of the "take pictures" part of the 3 P's. I probably wouldn't have thought I'd had that much regrowth without the pictures. I've asked a few of people if they've noticed any growth and most said no. I think that may be because of the gradualness of the improvement and that most people look at you head on rather than at the top of your head. From head on your hair doesn't look as thin.

I was putting Minoxidil on the bald spot, middle, and front. I didn't think it would do much good on the middle and front, but after the results and what I've read on the board I'll put some on the temples and hairline too.

As far as side effects go I've had sore nuts for a week or two and a little higher libido for a short time. I'm back to normal now I'd say. I had no shedding that I could tell.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice turnaround on the loss. I just turned 40, and have been on the big 3 since december 2006, and was on just finasteride since 2002.

barcafan

Reaction score
Wow dude you are one lucky mofo, if you keep it up you'll probably get even more within the first year. Now your hair looks like the hair of a 40 year old without loss / much loss.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
good regrowth there! by the way, do u experience shed?

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't experience any shed.

The temporary high libido from Propecia was nice. I was definately on the prowel. I wish that lasted.

Overall it has been a pretty uneventful four months side effect wise.

The hair also looked good in the security cam test at my local Publix grocery store. They have a security cam over the tobacco section. I remember seeing the back of my head in it and thinking OMG! It looks much better now.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
It sure does. definitely looks better. how i wish i was a good responder to the big 3 too...it's just great man, enjoy your life more when you're feeling great... :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Wow simply amazing!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Excellent results...just goes to show how well some people respond to big 3

Wish my results were the same...what you gained I have lost over 6 months on big 3 so i'm gonna give dutasteride a try..

I had the same high libido and still do on finasteride..

Keep up the good work.. :)

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WOW :shock:

More amazing sucess from The Big 3 :D

Congrats my man, and thanks for the inspiration 8)

G

That's f*****g awesome regrowth. Congratulations! That's not baby hair nor peach fuzz like all the ppl who don't believe in these products claim, that's real hair and loads of it.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you found that the new hair on top is a bit lighter? I was told my top hair looked lighter...

Londo

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair seems to have gotten darker as can be seen in the pics. I don't color it, really :) . My Dad took a long time to turn gray. I'm noticing a couple of gray hairs. I'd rather gray than lose the hair.

The individual hairs seem thicker, shinier, and healthier than before. I'd probably attribute that to blocking the DHT.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, again awesome results... Kinda goes to my feeling that older guys like us, 35-45, can regrow hair.