Honestly...

Mygoodness

Reaction score
Are hair transplant's even an option? I work in tv and I can say you can make anything look great with lighting and camera work.The hair transplant industry, every bit of it is all before and after shots which cannot portray the true appearance of hair in daily life. I will never, ever, trust a hair transplant photo, especially from the doctor performing it. A video is a little better, but still manipulative. Does anyone know of any hair transplant videos that show sweaty hair, hair being ruffled roughly, hair being finger combed and washed and dried, or in the wind? like hair in daily life, in the sun, I mean natural. Even with single fu grafts there is no vellous/fringe transition on hairlines, the hair grows funky and sparse and the scarring is forever limiting. What do you all think? I would love to hear from people who have or have intimately seen a hair transplant. What about 500-750 graft, small procedures.

Mygoodness

Reaction score
Also, movies aren't a fair representation. I heard costner had his hair touched up with cg in waterworld. Movies are controlled environments. I would really like to see a home 1080i hd video outdoors. I have never seen any hd hair transplant's, even bosley commercials are in standard def.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
Lighting is the biggest problem with hair loss. If you get a hair transplant and still have a see through scalp then that will still drive attention. In my early days of hair loss, I grew my hair long to cover up the receding hair line. In the washroom mirror with dimmer light, my hair looked perfect. However, I was at a gas station with my friend and he is like you have thin hair.
I no longer think FUE is viable option for large sessions because the hair from FUE is much thinner that FUT.
Next I believe one needs to tatoo the scalp after hair transplant to get rid of see through scalp appearance.

By the way a lot of hair transplant after pictures use products such as dermmatch, toppix etc..

s.a.f

Reaction score
The main factor is how much hair you still have if you're a NW3/4 and the hair you have remaining is relativly thick people will still see a good head of hair even if the transplanted area is less dense than than your native hair.

khali said:
By the way a lot of hair transplant after pictures use products such as dermmatch, toppix etc..

Not the official ones, can you honestly see a surgeon saying to a patient "now before I record your results for my website I'll just sprinkle this Toppik on, because so I can con people".
Would you be ok with that?

Mygoodness

Reaction score
S.A.F, you have a good point about the client being willing to allow toppix for before and after shots. Still, I think a diffuse flash would create a false image anyway by creating shadows of the hair that is there. There is a you tube video with Spencer that explains the before/after shot tricks. What I am hoping to gain from this thread is someone posting pics of their hair transplant when sweaty, or maybe a high def video in direct sunlight or them roughly playing with their hair. Are there any videos that show candid, real life hair transplant's. Youtube is completely biased, almost all videos are from doctors. I recall once there was a guy on youtube who had NW6 bosley transplant and like none of the hair grew. This video has since magically vanished. I would like to see amateur, home videos of hair transplant's in real life situations without prep work or styling. Anybody want to share links, or are they afraid they will be sued for slander? I mean you can really make you hair look good with work, but if someone gets an hair transplant they'll have to live with bad hairs days like anyone. I just wanna see how bad those hair days are without fancy lighting or styling.