honestly, is this enough to irritate a woman?

HughJass

Reaction score
So I ask this girl if she wants to go out and she gives me her name and number. Five days later I send her a text and ask if she wants to get together.

No reply.

Now, I have been informed that I may have committed a dating faux pas by waiting too long to get in touch with her to organize a date. Is this seriously enough to piss a woman off and ignore your advances? Honestly? If so then my patheticometer is about to go into friggin orbit. I can't say I have ever experienced this before in previous episodes of adventures in dating.

Surely 5 days is not too long?

Of course there is always the possibility she just gave me her number because she was too polite to tell me to get lost but she seemed pretty keen and flirty. Perhaps I read the situation completely wrong?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
too long...

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5 days is too long bro.. i think the 2 days is ideal.
Why are you so hung about thisone? learn, and move on.
and btw, where did you meet her? (no dating site right? just not you :p)

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
I can't say I have ever experienced this before in previous episodes of adventures in dating.

I get the feelin you havent experienced many episodes in the adventures of dating!

Waiting 5 days probably didnt help, but if she liked the look of you she would wait. Ive got girls numbers and not called before, then bumped into them months later in a bar and it was still on. Happens all the time, so long as they think youre hot they dont really care about that sh*t too much, I mean come on, would you care if someone hot waited 5 days instead of 2 to get in touch with you?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure if your asking me or aussie easy ed, but for what its worth i havent, generally i was too busy swinging to see it

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
links not opening for me buddy, you got another one or tell me what to type into youtube?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ill take your word for it then Monty, any man who quotes monkhouse is alright by me! :salut:

HughJass

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
aussieavodart said:
I can't say I have ever experienced this before in previous episodes of adventures in dating.

I get the feelin you havent experienced many episodes in the adventures of dating!

Been out of the game for a while.

I don't recall this 'call before day 5' rule. Was it introduced while I was gone? I once kept a girl waiting for over 2hrs on our first date and I balled her that evening. Sigh.

Waiting 5 days probably didnt help, but if she liked the look of you she would wait. Ive got girls numbers and not called before, then bumped into them months later in a bar and it was still on. Happens all the time, so long as they think youre hot they dont really care about that sh*t too much, I mean come on, would you care if someone hot waited 5 days instead of 2 to get in touch with you?

I wouldn't care at all but obviously it's futile comparing a female brain to a male brain. It's much smaller for a start.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
I wouldn't care at all but obviously it's futile comparing a female brain to a male brain. It's much smaller for a start.

I dont find it surprising that youve been out of the game for a while! With the degree with which you hate women I find it surprising you want to ball them at all...

monty1978 said:
Am I quoting monkhouse? I didn't know that. The grandfather quote I guess. I just read it somewhere and it tickled me!

Yeah its the grandfather one, always made me chuckle that one, plus I have a soft spot for old school comedians so i appreciate the references, whether intentional or not!

HughJass

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
I dont find it surprising that youve been out of the game for a while!

...........due to illness :whistle:

I don't hate them, just prefer some over (most) others.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Man in Space said:
I dont find it surprising that youve been out of the game for a while!

...........due to illness :whistle:

Well I hope your all better now but it does seem you may still have some illness in your mind...!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Maybe she read your other thread. :whistle:

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Or maybe she wanted a 'dirtpipe milkshake' that you alluded to in the p**rn thread but you werent obliging?!!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha cheers ed thats genius! I gotta watch this film.

For the record, 3 days has always been standard for me, thats the remainder of the day you meet and 2 clear days between, get in touch on the 3rd day, that has always worked fine! So if you meet on friday night then you get in touch sometime on Monday. Some say get in touch on the Sunday, but for me, that extra day is just long enough, it often gets flirty comments about leaving it late etc and thats good. Women often hate needy guys and they also usually hate guys who are proper aloof, so 3 days is the middle ground and that is where the action is at in my experience!

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aussie im telling you, your money baby! effing money!