Honest First Four Day Experience, Is This All Normal?

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 week between bonds my ***! Okay I can see in the Fall and Winter months possibly getting 4 weeks but not sure my scalp can or could take it. I'm on day 4 and have already had to glue down the front and side edges with Ghost bond and hit it with a hair dryer a few times already. I notice mostly when I get it wet or when I sweat. Assuming this is normal? I think the day before going for my next system I may attempt to take it off and reattach myself to see how successful I could be at doing this and if it works I may start doing it weekly at least. For now I guess every two weeks I'm gonna be paying him $95 to do it for me. Also can't wait until the hair around it grows longer so I'm not as concerned with it being detectable and having it look more blended!

Yesterday after a normal day, washed it for the first time, was outside a few times running errands by the time I sat down for the evening my scalp itched so bad and I noticed so much lifting I got depressed thinking it wasn't working for me and I had made a mistake. Then my 80+ year old neighbor saw me outside and asks " Did you color your hair?" I laughed and said no I got some, she says oh Jesus, I saw you the other day and thought WOW he looks so young what did he do:?. Well that was the assurance I needed to stick with it and I added some ghost bond around the edges, hit it with hair dryer, bushed the hair down in the direction of the edges added my leave in conditioner and went to be hoping for a better day today. Today I woke up wet it with a spray bottle, styled it and feels and looks 10x's better!

Any suggestions? Are these things all normal?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of this is normal, so don't fret.

The first hair system is a STEEP learning curve. Use every opportunity you have to learn and do things yourself, much like you're fixing the lifts yourself. It took me 3 or 4 months before I was comfortable doing maintenance on my own, and now after a year it just feels normal and isn't a bother.

Learn how to make a more effective bond. What helps is making sure the skin and scalp and clean and dry, and applying the glue in a moist-free environment (not in a bathroom after a shower for example). Use thin layers of glue and let them dry for a few minutes (6 or 7 does it for me) before applying additional layers if needed (I use 2). Apply a thin layer of glue to the skin base too and let that dry for a few minutes before sticking it down onto the scalp. Push down for 30 seconds to get the base properly stuck down. Then stay in a cool environment for as long as possible - definitely don't sweat or get the hair wet (apart from styling it) for a few hours at least.

You might even want to dry a different glue at some point, if you find that this one isn't working well. Everyone's body chemistry is different.

If you're using a hairdryer on the glue, make sure it's cold air.

Oh and 4 weeks is a sales gimmick. I can go 4 weeks if I want to but I prefer to have a good bond for 2 weeks and a clean scalp too :D

Your optimal routine might be a bit different, but eventually you'll find what works best for you.

Your neighbour was right though - your new hair looks good on you!

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man! So the entire bond is glue? I'm assuming u have a full head bond as it's a full skin system?

You might want to try tape along the perimeter and glue everywhere else but I've heard concern over potentially ripping the base if it's super thin. I'd wait for someone experienced in thin skin to comment first.

Regarding the itching and sweating I'm afraid it's a bit of a trade-off for the system you have. The skin systems do not breathe like lace ones do, so the sweat and dirt is kept on the scalp resulting in itching.

Although my system used to itch a little bit the first few weeks as I got used to it. I would highly recommend getting a lace system with a poly perimeter around sides and back.

Many guys here will agree that's the best way to go.

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man! So the entire bond is glue? I'm assuming u have a full head bond as it's a full skin system?

You might want to try tape along the perimeter and glue everywhere else but I've heard concern over potentially ripping the base if it's super thin. I'd wait for someone experienced in thin skin to comment first.

Regarding the itching and sweating I'm afraid it's a bit of a trade-off for the system you have. The skin systems do not breathe like lace ones do, so the sweat and dirt is kept on the scalp resulting in itching.

Although my system used to itch a little bit the first few weeks as I got used to it. I would highly recommend getting a lace system with a poly perimeter around sides and back.

Many guys here will agree that's the best way to go.

Thanks for the suggestions, the Salon I used only does this system. But I am thinking of doing a consult at the other place we have that's about a 40 min drive from me just to see what the offer and say about what I have etc. And yes total head bond with a adhesive that came in a tube. I've been touching he edges up with Ghost Bond.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 weeks for glues and tapes isn't working for me either. If anyone on this forum can do that, please let's us know how and what you use...
I wear a lace, so more breathable and have to do reattaching and cleaning once a week.
That is why DYI is important for most here who can't afford salons and clubs or want to be independent and not rely on such services.

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 weeks for glues and tapes isn't working for me either. If anyone on this forum can do that, please let's us know how and what you use...
I wear a lace, so more breathable and have to do reattaching and cleaning once a week.
That is why DYI is important for most here who can't afford salons and clubs or want to be independent and not rely on such services.
I'm really hoping to get to the DYI stage, right now i'm so paranoid about the little touch ups i've had to do I can't imagine doing the entire thing myself yet. But trust when I say I'd MUCH rather save the money by doing it myself

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you worn your underpants for 4-weeks straight, that wouldn't be too good either.
Usually 1 to 3 weeks max. Depends on a few things though

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you worn your underpants for 4-weeks straight, that wouldn't be too good either.
Usually 1 to 3 weeks max. Depends on a few things though
LMAO I wouldn't wear my underpants for 1 week either lol but good analogy

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LMAO I wouldn't wear my underpants for 1 week either lol but good analogy

In my time of research, I learned that the majority of wearers kept their hair piece on for 7-14 days (some for a month). Personally, I don't like the idea of not being able to wash my scalp daily.Whenever I'm rinsing the hair system while it's on, it's like showering with clothes on. My sweaty scalp beneath the system isn't getting cleaned at all. Although, I was wearing a breathable lace system, I'm still worry that the sweat will clog the pores of my scalp and trigger bacterial growth. I've used the 7-14 days method for more than a month before switching to skin based system with Got2B glue instead of Walker Ultra hold and tapes.This method has allowed me to remove my system daily, or every 2-3 days which is so much better. Now I can sleep without the system and be able to wash and massage my scalp daily. Going this route is much healthier and sanitary for me compared to keeping the system on for weeks.

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my time of research, I learned that the majority of wearers kept their hair piece on for 7-14 days (some for a month). Personally, I don't like the idea of not being able to wash my scalp daily.Whenever I'm rinsing the hair system while it's on, it's like showering with clothes on. My sweaty scalp beneath the system isn't getting cleaned at all. Although, I was wearing a breathable lace system, I'm still worry that the sweat will clog the pores of my scalp and trigger bacterial growth. I've used the 7-14 days method for more than a month before switching to skin based system with Got2B glue instead of Walker Ultra hold and tapes.This method has allowed me to remove my system daily, or every 2-3 days which is so much better. Now I can sleep without the system and be able to wash and massage my scalp daily. Going this route is much healthier and sanitary for me compared to keeping the system on for weeks.

How hard was it to start doing yourself and getting the system in place correctly? How long does it take you to remove and clean? And how long to reattach the next day?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How hard was it to start doing yourself and getting the system in place correctly? How long does it take you to remove and clean? And how long to reattach the next day?

Sorry, can't write that long ,am driving now.
How hard was it to start doing yourself and getting the system in place correctly?
Not that hard, just take some time to practice. Your system hair looks short , it should be very easy to position it.

How long does it take you to remove and clean?
15 second to remove.
30 second to clean up the base with cold water rinse.

And how long to reattach the next day?
5 -10 mins to reattach.

The Got2b glue and UTS made a huge difference for me. Easy to learn how to secure and position the hair system. I just follow the youtube instructions, be patient and practice.

More details from my other posts.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nce-method-that-made-wearing-hs-easier.123421/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...m-a-would-be-to-the-pros.123293/#post-1807990

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, can't write that long ,am driving now.
How hard was it to start doing yourself and getting the system in place correctly?
Not that hard, just take some time to practice. Your system hair looks short , it should be very easy to position it.

How long does it take you to remove and clean?
15 second to remove.
30 second to clean up the base with cold water rinse.

And how long to reattach the next day?
5 -10 mins to reattach.

The Got2b glue and UTS made a huge difference for me. Easy to learn how to secure and position the hair system. I just follow the youtube instructions, be patient and practice.

More details from my other posts.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nce-method-that-made-wearing-hs-easier.123421/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...m-a-would-be-to-the-pros.123293/#post-1807990
I think I'll practice before getting my next one that way if i mess up and ruin this one I'm covered! no pun intended lol

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hear you are having this experience.

One of your issues might be the lack of a scalp protector. Another may mean you are using the wrong type of adhesive. Which GhostBond are you using, there are a number of different versions.

Also, it is very possible that UTS is NOT for you! Many many many guys start with French lace, and the reason is, it breathes! I sweat like a pig, I could NEVER wear a UTS system. My friend, a bodybuilder, with 1% body fat, who is in the gym 3 hours a day... ONLY wears UTS.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hear you are having this experience.

One of your issues might be the lack of a scalp protector. Another may mean you are using the wrong type of adhesive. Which GhostBond are you using, there are a number of different versions.

Also, it is very possible that UTS is NOT for you! Many many many guys start with French lace, and the reason is, it breathes! I sweat like a pig, I could NEVER wear a UTS system. My friend, a bodybuilder, with 1% body fat, who is in the gym 3 hours a day... ONLY wears UTS.

@BaldBearded is correct.
I believe the majority of wearers kept their hair system on for weeks were wearing a breathable lace system. IMO, I don't think it's good to wear non-breathable skin system for more than 3 days. BTW, I'm a gym enthusiast and sweat like a pig too. UTS workout for me because I don't wear it for more than 3 days. I can't picture myself wearing a skin system for more than a week.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@HN: With your UTS, you wear for 3 days (even when sleeping) and then you do a cleanup and put it right back on?

I tend to go around 10 days, but I don't sweat much at all … except in this damned recent heat!

I basically haven't exposed my scalp to the elements and to the sun for a year now. I'm thinking, surely that can't be healthy too. It would be nice to take it off for a week and just the sun hit my scalp.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@deg_dilemma

With your UTS, you wear for 3 days (even when sleeping) and then you do a cleanup and put it right back on?
Correct. Sometime I wear my UTS for 3 day straight using Got2B without doing hairline touch up. I think keep it on for 4 or 5 days is possible if I don't sweat a lot. If I want to sleep without the system, all I do is rinse off the Got2b gel on the skin under a faucet and I'm ready to reattach next morning. The removing and cleaning process take less than one minutes. The morning re-attachment take about few minutes. For me hair system is more manageable than my old bio hair. It has been provided me the least maintenance I have ever had.

I tend to go around 10 days, but I don't sweat much at all … except in this damned recent heat!
What kind of glues or tape you use for your UTS? and how long do you expected your UTS last? My current 0.03 mm UTS has been going on for 1.5 months and I will be very happy if that can last another couple months. My experience has been 6 months with my last 0.06mm Super Thin Skin (I was very rough on that ). I really think using Got2B it helps extend the longevity of the system.

I basically haven't exposed my scalp to the elements and to the sun for a year now. I'm thinking, surely that can't be healthy too. It would be nice to take it off for a week and just the sun hit my scalp.
Me too. My scalp haven't exposed to the sun for year. I never shave off the top of my hair until 10 months ago when I decided to wear a hair system. It feel good to massage my bald head with fingertips at night and in the morning. Its relaxing, relieves tension and might help with the blood flow..... It won't feel the same massaging my scalp with the system on.