homemade topical monox/finasteride solution, can it work

johnboy

Reaction score
I have been very interested breaking some finasteride and mixing it in with Xandrox 15 or Monoxidil 5%. Since finasteride absorbs through the skin and I have been reading some articles about the topical finasteride. I would like to hear some input and experience about this. Is it worth it, how can it be done. Please post with any information.[/list]

Bismarck

Reaction score
OK. Suppose you want to make a 1% topical finasteride solution ...
What do you think of Darwin's theory of evolution ?

johnboy

Reaction score
What do you mean? Survival of the fittest, Species evolve over periods of time to adapt to current situations. Elaborate or define further

johnboy

Reaction score
What I mean is crushing finasteride into powder and mixing it with a larger volume of monoxidil or something else with azeilic acid or some other form for penetrance.

Bismarck

Reaction score
johnboy said:
What I mean is crushing finasteride into powder and mixing it with a larger volume of monoxidil or something else with azeilic acid or some other form for penetrance.

I understand. To make a 1% solution for example you'll need about 100 proscar pills....
Furthermore, I can't imagine topical Finasteride to be effective.

bis

Bismarck

Reaction score
johnboy said:
What do you mean? Survival of the fittest, Species evolve over periods of time to adapt to current situations. Elaborate or define further

LOL, your location (Oklahoma) reminds me to a TV docu I saw a week ago about schools in Oklahoma.

johnboy

Reaction score
Which topic was this on the schools of Oklahoma. And could't you just take the 1% down a knotch and break up about 5 into about 20 ml monox. What program was this. When making a statement. Try to not just start it but complete. Finish the thought, with all do respect we can get where we need to go alot faster.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
johnboy, swallow the 1MG pill it will only help you with your hair. That's the best thing we have now. Don't put it in your hair. It's just a waste of money doing that.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
johnboy,
honestly it's a waste of time IMO. Many have tried the topical finasteride experiment and so far I haven't read one positive comment. They usually end in "all it did was leave a white crusty residue on my scalp". Moving to experimental.

johnboy

Reaction score
The reason you dont hear anything positive about doing this is because people try it and then drop it thinking its a waste of time. It would take at least 4 months to notice anything that would remotly be a positive difference. I guess I have been reading so much on the effectiveness of finasteride beening absorbed through the skin. AND THEY ARE ALREADY WORKING ON IT AT MERK. It will just be a while before it comes out. I just dont know the effective ratios of the 2 to work sufficiently.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
johnboy said:
AND THEY ARE ALREADY WORKING ON IT AT MERK.

Where did you hear that?

drinkrum

Reaction score
Topical finasteride reduces DHT in the scalp but does not have a beneficial effect on male pattern baldness, according to research on the topic. But then again, Merck did file a patent application for topical Propecia.

Here are some references:

1. Rushton DH, Norris MJ, Ramsay ID. Topical 0.05% finasteride significantly reduces serum DHT concentrations, but had no effect in preventing the expression of genetic hair loss in men. In: Van Neste D, Randall V, eds. Hair Research for the Next Millenium. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1996: 359-62.

2. Townsend and Marlowe Ann. Relative Safety and Efficacy of Finasteride for Treatment of Hirsutism. Pharmacother. 2004; 38: 1070-1073.

3. Price TM, Allen S, Pegram GV. 2000. Lack of effect of topical finasteride suggests an endocrine role for dihydrotestosterone. Fertil Steril 74:414-415.

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
I heard they tried to get a patent for topical finasteride just to make sure nobody else is going to sell that stuff.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
I heard they tried to get a patent for topical finasteride just to make sure nobody else is going to sell that stuff.

Bingo

HairFarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
You might as well chop up all your finasteride pills and sniff em..

nobold

Reaction score
johnboy said:
I have been very interested breaking some finasteride and mixing it in with Xandrox 15 or Monoxidil 5%. Since finasteride absorbs through the skin and I have been reading some articles about the topical finasteride. I would like to hear some input and experience about this. Is it worth it, how can it be done. Please post with any information.[/list]

Hey you don't have to breaking pills , you can just buy a Finasterid Lotion 0.25% from here: http://www.genhair.com I'm using it and it works very good for me.