Homemade Topical Finasteride 0.025% (NO MINOXIDIL) - 60 days

BaldingDude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Male, early 40s, slow balding since my mid 30s.
Still very early in the game but here are my results after 60 days. You can zoom in for a better view. Very subtle changes so far but I will keep going as finasteride takes many months to work its magic.

Sides: Zero sides other than a ball ache at the start which lasted 4 days and subsided.

Shedding: I was shedding lots of hair before starting (100+ in the shower). I had a massive shed about a month into this that lasted for a few weeks. Now shedding close to 30 hairs/day in the shower.

My regimen:
-Homemade Topical Finasteride 0.025% (0.25 mg/mL) - 4 mL/day over scalp (1 mg/day). I use this volume to ensure adequate scalp coverage.
-Nizoral Shampoo 2% (Ketoconazole)- Lather left on the scalp for 5 minutes then rinsed off every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
-Head and Shoulders Shampoo 1% (Zinc Pyrithione) - Normal shampooing every Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
-Microneedling 0.6 mm every 14 days to bald temples only (not on the crown, so what you are seeing here is not due to microneedling at all) [Dr. Pen M8 - 11 needle till redness, no bleeding]. No pictures posted yet as changes are just more baby hairs.

Topical Finasteride 0.025% (0.25 mg/mL) Formula:
-Finasteride 5 mg tabs x 3
-Isopropyl Alcohol 99% - 30 mL
-Distilled Water - 15 mL
-Propylene Glycol - 15 mL

Crush tabs well, add to above solvents in a beaker, stir solution with a magnetic stirrer for 24 hours. Fillers sink to the bottom, use whatever is in solution.

I am planning to drop my finasteride concentration down to 0.0125% and use 4 mL/day (0.5 mg/day) as there is not much difference in scalp DHT suppression between both doses.

Attachments

• hairrrr.jpg
    hairrrr.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,039

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it looks better after the 60 days. Keep posting pics of your results monthly. Not sure about the reduction of the solution to 0.0125%.

HairLiker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Noticeable improvement after just 60 days - that's great news in my book. Keep at it and good luck.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 3 months in on topical 0.025% and my hair is better than ever. Zero sides, morning wood almost every day.