Holy Shed! Way Too Many Hairs Are Falling! Help!

Snipits

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a ridiculous shed...background first I guess, I'm 23 and I've been noticing my thinning in my temples and a reasonable amount of shedding for about a year now, I recently buzzed my head (3 weeks ago or so) to a #8 clipper, and that's when I noticed how visible my temple thinning was, and according to genetics, if I take after my father, (which is 99% the case with the same hair type and path it seems to be taking) I'll be slick bald by 26.

So, I started minoxidil and nizoral immediately. Used minoxidil as suggested only on my temples and frontal region (down to just once a day at night since this shed started a few days ago), and nizoral 3 times a week all over (again stopped once the shed started, this is drying out my hands too). I just got my prescription for finasteride and started 3 days ago, but this shed started a day before I jumped on that so I don't think that has much effect on this issue...Well, I'm not sure if I overused nizoral or what but I'm shedding like crazy. If I scratch my head on top 10-15 hairs in 10 seconds fall. And that will happen a good 6-8 times a day! I just showered and washed my hair with normal shampoo in sections...back, sides and top. Like 20 from the back, 20 from the sides, and well....about 100-120 from the top...yeah, I counted....that on top of the couple dozen on the pillow and what just falls in front of me through the day, it just makes me sick to my stomach. I was shedding quite a bit before I did anything a few weeks ago, but now, this is just crazy. I'm not sure what I'm looking for even posting this, maybe similar experiences, advice, assurance , anything really....I've been trying to keep my cool and stay calm but this is just crazyyy.

Everyone says my hair still looks dense minus the temples, and I guess it could be worse, but at this rate of loss, I can't imagine it will hold up for much longer than a couple weeks...I'll put up pictures of my hair today, wet and dry

Attachments

• IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2388.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 196

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
love to have your hair again... but yeah i noticed the same on minoxidil when I used it for a brief period of time, lost loads and loads of good terminal hairs on the crown

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's 100% not the main reason of your hair loss, but don't scratch your head (especially with your nails). Your hair is still pretty good, in a way. I'm pretty sure most other members would tell you to jump on big 3 and not to stop this time. From what i've seen on the forums, it's normal to shed while on big 3,at least in the beginning, that means they're working.