holy god help

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just started my finpecia treatment two days ago. I was hoping starting my treatments would help me feel better about my hairloss but now i'm starting to freak out in anticipation of shedding. If feel horribly nauseous right now and light headed. I hope this abates.

I can't imagine how i'll feel when i get the guts to start the minoxidil. I realize no one can predict the duration and intensity of shedding but goddam am i scared.

On a side note, does anyone think it would be worth it to get some toppik or kerasome in case I shed badly? Anyone else try this for their first shed? HAHA, I havent even gotten it yet and already it's killing me.

this is going to be a wild ride.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont worry about it. If you get a shed chances are it wont be all that cosmetically noticeable. If you are really thtin already then maybe scalp will show more after a shed. If it is noticeable perhaps you should try cutting your hair really short for a while instead of trying to mask it. Short hair really does hide thinning. It won't hide recession of course, but if your only problem is recession then I doubt a shed will harm your density enough anyway.

The worst part of the shed is seeing 20-30 hairs in the sink in the morning followed by more on the hands when shampooing and then the random hairs falling on your desk and such. Loosing over 100 hairs just form the top just screws with your head.

Seriously just relax. And good luck

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, dinzy

I am a diffuse thinner on top. a little recession at the temples but not horrible. I am definitely worried about more scalp showing through the hair i have, which is not too much now, but is noticeable upon scrutiny. And I already cut my hair to under an inch long this month.