Holding Hair Line, 6 Months, With 7% Minoxidil , 1% Finasteride

raskoblaskan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checking in with you gents. Thought I'd update on progress.

Norwood 2.5. My dermatologist sells me his own formulation of 7% minoxidil, 1% finasteride. It's a liquid he only wants me to spray on once per day. For six months now I haven't noticed any further hair recession. That probably means success. Every year the hair line moved back 1/2 inch. For me not to notice any further loss, is likely significant. I don't seem to have any worse hair than when I started.

I'm also taking a marine biotin based supplement (it's the most popular brand, I'm sure you've heard of it), though not at their recommended dosage. They advocate 2 pills every day. I probably take 5 pills / week.

Once per week I shampoo with Ketoconazole.

Sides: my pre-existing scalp psoriasis has gotten worse. It used to just flake on the back of my head. Now it flakes all over, right up to the hair line. For that condition, I was applying fluocinolone, which worked. Mixing minoxidil and fluocinolone causes my skin to burn. What I do is, every 4-5 days I take two days off the minoxidil, and apply two days of all over fluocinolone. On a daily basis, there's no problem if I apply minoxidil in front, and fluocinolone in back.

Some men have reported dark circles after using minoxidil. This also happened to me. But I had been experiencing that effect for years before, probably due to all my alcohol intake. What can I say, it's a depressing life. Anyway I can't attribute the dark circles to minoxidil for sure. I do think I look more tired the more I do it. It is possible the solution is making them worse.

That problem has temporarily been alleviated by hyaluronic acid injections. It lifted my under-eyes, creating volume, and made me look 5 years younger on an average day, 10 years younger on a good day.

This treatment cost me $595 cash, and is supposed to last 3 - 9 months. At 2 months, the effect is still holding.

Last edited: