Hmmm...notice anything weird about all these fatties

docj077

Reaction score
frailstar said:
mumuka said:
I think those guys have such good hair because they eat very very healthy organic food ,low fat,low glycemic foods.... :freaked2: :lol: :lol:

Actually the root cause of male pattern baldness is our western diet :lol: :lol: :lol: :freaked2:

Yeah, well it looks like the western diet is doing wonders for their waistline, huh? Again, all these fat-guys-with-hair-pics proves is they don't have the male pattern baldness genes. So the western diet can't trigger anything, there's nothing to trigger. These people were probably picked because of their hair, looks good on camera.

Actually, those pics prove nothing. Obesity is associated with an increase in estrogen levels and as those middle-aged and a little younger men age, their testosterone levels drop while their estrogen levels increase. Estradiol levels just happen to increase to an even greater extent because of all the excess adipose tissue. The greatest potential source of aromatase (testosterone to estrogen converting enzyme) in both males and females is adipose tissue or "fat."

If all those men have been that heavy since puberty and their male pattern baldness genetics are weak, then it is quite possible that the excess estrogen production is quite protective and we'd never know it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I dont see too many fat balding men though...could it be coincidence?

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Oh I see plenty working in a surgeon's office! Old/fat/balding ain't attractive, in either sex.

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:

I was fat and balding 4 years ago, now I'm thin and balding. I was fat and balding at 15 years old, thank god it's slow and not falling out in clumps. I've never had a full head of hair. Can you imagine getting your driver's license and having to worry about your receding hairline in the pic?

CCS

Reaction score
Artista said:
RaginDemon said:
Oh I see plenty working in a surgeon's office! Old/fat/balding ain't attractive, in either sex.

maybe they went bald first, and then got fat later.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Well in my country there are many fat men and most of them are balding, maybe all of them. But I rarely see someone with great body torso who is balding.

And I must say our diet is really estrogenic (TOP place in drinking been - most estrogenic food/drink, people drink it like water).

I see about 95% of Asians living here who are receeding or balding, even young ones. How is this possible? Asians should be least susceptible to balding, but here every single one of them are losing hair. In good old-fashioned Asia, I have seen 95% of Asians with full heads of hair.

Just a coincidence?:) Btw. our diet is the worst. Like no fruit, no vegetables, so much beer, so much junk, fried and baked products. Delicious however:)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
tomas99 said:
Well in my country there are many fat men and most of them are balding, maybe all of them. But I rarely see someone with great body torso who is balding.

And I must say our diet is really estrogenic (TOP place in drinking been - most estrogenic food/drink, people drink it like water).

I see about 95% of Asians living here who are receeding or balding, even young ones. How is this possible? Asians should be least susceptible to balding, but here every single one of them are losing hair. In good old-fashioned Asia, I have seen 95% of Asians with full heads of hair.

Just a coincidence?:) Btw. our diet is the worst. Like no fruit, no vegetables, so much beer, so much junk, fried and baked products. Delicious however:)

where are you from brother?

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
tomas99 said:

Czech republic, middle of Europe near Germany, we probably have similar genetics like Germans, Polish, Austrian etc.

G

tomas99 said:
RaginDemon said:
tomas99 said:

Czech republic, middle of Europe near Germany, we probably have similar genetics like Germans, Polish, Austrian etc.

I think all Europeans are balding younger and younger. Lots of bald/balding athletes everywhere.

frailstar

Established Member
Reaction score
tomas99 said:

Exactly, Asians have the male pattern baldness gene, it's only when they are moved into a different environment that it is triggered. You see it time and time again. You see it in the comparison of rural and urban Japan. This is only observational of course, but quite stunning evidence that environment or diet plays the most important role when it comes to the male pattern baldness genes expressing themselves.

GlasgowCelt

Reaction score
I do not know why but allot of older (and obese) people I have observed since this hair loss obsession took control of me I must agree that people with biggers waists tend to have NW0/NW1 hair lines.

I've seen it so much that I am convinced there is a link somewhere. Of course I have seen well-covered (a polite way to say 'slightly overweight') people who are balding but definately see more thin men than well-covered men balding, infact I'm seeing well-covered people in their 40's with absolute perfect hairlines, but I genuinely struggle to see thin people in their 40's with good hairlines.

Somewhat mentioned increased estrogen levels somehow nullifying the impact DHT has on hair follicles, is their a study that I should read?

I'm 5'11 and 11.5 stone, I use the word 'well covered' as I hate to see people be contemptuous towards others even if they don't realise or mean it.

Take one look at robbie coltrane! Wish I could remember the names of the other two guys who I seen with perfect hair lines.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/ ... _biog.html

Has this link been strenously evaluated? Perhaps the scalp pressure is greater due to the extra circulatory work being performed due to the individuals body mass index?

I am also convinced diet does trigger the beginning of male pattern baldness, also think environment does also, lack of exercise too. So many!

Could someone create a list of things that are good and bad for hair growth? Like smoking, drinking are both bad, whilst eating fruit but more importantly vegtables are both good (they are obvious ones) but go down to more detailed level. I haven't found a list like this anywhere, I'm sure some people have ascertained the numerous claims and would like to highlight them, and then can be approved/disapproved by the more knowledgeable amongst us!

Just a thought, would help me out!

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
tomas99 said:
RaginDemon said:
tomas99 said:

I think all Europeans are balding younger and younger. Lots of bald/balding athletes everywhere.

Yes, I see many teen guys with bigger loss than me and I am 24.

After all, it is little bit advantage. When everyone is balding, people do not consider something like NW2 balding, it is just how people age they think. Even Doctor told me and when I said to my friend that I am losing my hair, he replied "well if you are losing at temples, dont worry it is NORMAL every man does" and other friend "everyone is losing hair at temples" so here unless you do not develop bald spot or you are NW4, noone consider this as there is something wrong.

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
ya we do. We can't make fun of fat members of HairLossTalk.com, but we can of other people. male pattern baldness is genetic. Body composition is choice.

More bullshit from Dr. CCS.

Ever hear of a slow metabolism or diabetes, doctor?

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
YeahButHesBack said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
ya we do. We can't make fun of fat members of HairLossTalk.com, but we can of other people. male pattern baldness is genetic. Body composition is choice.

More bullshit from Dr. CCS.

Ever hear of a slow metabolism or diabetes, doctor?

I have very very fast metabolism. I am very thin, but it does not mean that I could gain some wait. I just have to eat 2 times more and exercise 3 times more than others.

If you have slow metabolism, it simply means that you are not so lucky and you can not eat so much and certain things as others do. Dont tell me that those people who are fat eat just vegetable and fruit and fish. They probably eat the same amount as me or more. They just must work harder then others in order not to be fat. And it is sometimes hard when you live in family where both parents are pretty over-weight and from the beginning of your live you have certain (wrong) diet habbits.

Not talking about diabetes or about those with some illness, because these are minority.

If it is only slow metabolism, it means that these genes are being spread over the world as obese people are on raise?

G

tomas99 said:
Yes, I see many teen guys with bigger loss than me and I am 24.

After all, it is little bit advantage. When everyone is balding, people do not consider something like NW2 balding, it is just how people age they think. Even Doctor told me and when I said to my friend that I am losing my hair, he replied "well if you are losing at temples, dont worry it is NORMAL every man does" and other friend "everyone is losing hair at temples" so here unless you do not develop bald spot or you are NW4, noone consider this as there is something wrong.

3 guys of the Finnish football team (starting line-up) are balding pretty fast, and they're all under 30. That's a big percentage. You Czechs have your own norwood footballers, like Koller, Stajner and Jarolim. It's really pretty common nowadays.

G

There are ways to fight both fatness and hairloss but there is nothing you can do when you have got an ugly face. These people are the real losers in our world.

G

tomas99 said:

Lol, definetly not, I can always spot the phenotypical difference between a Slav and a German. But in average Czech women are MUCH better looking than German ones.

In general it is my impression that blond males are the ones with the highest balding rate so the Scandinavian countries are the places who suffer most from this plague.

G

Taugenichts said:
There are ways to fight both fatness and hairloss but there is nothing you can do when you have got an ugly face. These people are the real losers in our world.

As long as they're happy with themselves, they're winners.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
tomas99 said:

Lol, definetly not, I can always spot the phenotypical difference between a Slav and a German. But in average Czech women are MUCH better looking than German ones.

In general it is my impression that blond males are the ones with the highest balding rate so the Scandinavian countries are the places who suffer most from this plague.

Yeah, Czech women are great looking and are dating bald guys in here, which is little bit unique. I guess it is because there is no competition in Czech republic as Czech guys looks terrible.

I would say worst balding genes have Russians.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
Taugenichts said:

As long as they're happy with themselves, they're winners.

LOL

I just imagined shooting star above your head that trailed, "The more you know!"