hmm, Telogen Effluvium?

Master Chief

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys:)

I'm 18 and I'm new here, as you may already know:p, I just have a tiny question.
My hair started to thin when I was 17, my hairwas normal during the summer, but I noticed that my hair was more sparse and colorless, during the fall, then my hair "thinned" dramatically during a couple of months, until now, my hair has thinned allover the head including the sides and the neck, there's no pattern anywere, although, hairloss runs trough the family, male pattern baldness is what i suspect, but as lazy as I am i didn't visit a derm, I instead emailed one, I explained thouroughly my problem, and they said that my hairloss is caused by something else than male pattern baldness, and I should get it checked immediately, i also have scalpacne, some of them really hurts when combing my hair. My diet is rather bad, fastfood diet to be more specific, don't eat vegetables or fruits, and i have obviously stopped growing in height, I'm a dwarf:(, 167 cm, and have'nt changed since i was 15...anyway, any clue to what's causing my sparse thin colorless hair, seriously I'm afraid

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
you need to see a dr, no one can real tell you what kind of hairloss you have unless they see your hair
other wise its only a guess

Master Chief

Established Member
Reaction score
yes that's absolutely correct, but Is It normal to have a rapid thinning of hair under a couple of months? where the sides and the back of head are involved in the thinning process and no pattern is visible since the thinning is somewhat equally disposed over the scalp, is this still Androgenetic Alopecia? I'm 18, started for a year ago