HLC bad experience with customer relations (pre op)

Hair-seeker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear all, sorry to start off on a negative note but I have to declare HLC to have the worst customer contact among all the clinics I've been in contact with. This is a pitty as they are among my top 2 clinic candidates for a future hair transplant, but the fact that they have such a poor customer service (even trying to get answers to basic questions) doesn't make me keen on giving my money to them. I have for weeks now been waiting on a single reply, and before that been waiting additional weeks and more!

Any experiences from someone else on this matter? Is it the usual to have such a long-drawn contact with the turkish clinics?

bamaster

Reaction score
Yeah, communicating with the rep in WhatsApp is frustrating. They don't spend a lot of time educating because they know you're shopping around and getting quotes from other clinics. They get a LOT of inquiries, as do they all.

When you're ready to commit, they will communicate faster. But it still takes a day or two to get replies.

Harryloosinghair

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a clinic is poor with communication pre-op when they want your sale, then you can be pretty certain that they be even worse post-op if your transplant is not working well.
Stay away.

Hair-seeker

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a clinic is poor with communication pre-op when they want your sale, then you can be pretty certain that they be even worse post-op if your transplant is not working well.
Stay away.
Thanks. Make sense.

It's just that HLC is the clinic that I am most impressed with, results wise. I am now having email exchanges with them (I. E. Not with the customer rep via whatsapp) with some success

Otherwise l am evaluating Dr Pekiner, but honestly the results that I am seeing from HLC are very natural. Maybe I am not looking at the right places...

Harryloosinghair

My Regimen
Reaction score
"It's just that HLC is the clinic that I am most impressed with, results wise."

18 months ago I was naive when it came to hair transplants, but a failed transplant has opened my eyes to how the industry works.

...er....not sure if I'm allowed to say something like this.....but many forums are nothing more than advertising portals for doctors who pay a monthly subscription fee to the site owners. Which means that comments about failed transplants and negative experiences are not permitted for those clinics - it's a bit like if Amazon only allowed 5 star reviews. So, the results you see online are skewed. Be aware.

I'm not saying HLC is not good - I have no experience with them - but just making a general point about how easy it is for us patients to be mislead by only being shown the positive results.

Last edited:

bamaster

Reaction score
Thanks. Make sense.

It's just that HLC is the clinic that I am most impressed with, results wise. I am now having email exchanges with them (I. E. Not with the customer rep via whatsapp) with some success

Otherwise l am evaluating Dr Pekiner, but honestly the results that I am seeing from HLC are very natural. Maybe I am not looking at the right places...

Remember that Pekiner was formerly a doctor at HLC. So you can expect the same technique (stick and place) as HLC. Another former doctor is Dr. Keser, who specializes in smaller procedures (maximum 700 grafts/day).

I'm almost 9 months after my HLC procedure. It's pretty awesome. Not perfect but I still have a few months to go. I haven't needed any post-op communications, but it's silly to assume that paying customers will get poor service. HLC is the best clinic in Turkey.

Hair-seeker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember that Pekiner was formerly a doctor at HLC. So you can expect the same technique (stick and place) as HLC. Another former doctor is Dr. Keser, who specializes in smaller procedures (maximum 700 grafts/day).

I'm almost 9 months after my HLC procedure. It's pretty awesome. Not perfect but I still have a few months to go. I haven't needed any post-op communications, but it's silly to assume that paying customers will get poor service. HLC is the best clinic in Turkey.
Good to hear, I am booked there in a few weeks.

Would love to get any tips or recommendations!

bamaster

Reaction score
Good to hear, I am booked there in a few weeks.

Would love to get any tips or recommendations!

There are many YouTube guides about how to prepare for a transplant. Things like a travel neck pillow, button down shirts (not pullover shirts), etc. Of course, it's recommended to have some old photos of your hair that the clinic can use to help draw your new hairline.

I do recommend staying at the free apartment they offer. It's very small, you share it with other patients (4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom). I enjoyed talking to the other guys. It's directly across the street from the clinic so you just walk over. Once you're in the clinic, it's very coordinated. They'll feed you and everything. And they pay for food delivery at the apartment for dinner.

If you stay extra days, you could visit Nusr-Et steakhouse (Salt Bae's restaurant). It's expensive but a neat place.

Good luck!

roondog7984

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are many YouTube guides about how to prepare for a transplant. Things like a travel neck pillow, button down shirts (not pullover shirts), etc. Of course, it's recommended to have some old photos of your hair that the clinic can use to help draw your new hairline.

I do recommend staying at the free apartment they offer. It's very small, you share it with other patients (4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom). I enjoyed talking to the other guys. It's directly across the street from the clinic so you just walk over. Once you're in the clinic, it's very coordinated. They'll feed you and everything. And they pay for food delivery at the apartment for dinner.

If you stay extra days, you could visit Nusr-Et steakhouse (Salt Bae's restaurant). It's expensive but a neat place.

Good luck!

I’m also looking seriously at HLC. You seem to speak English well. Did you fly there from America or England?

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went with Pekiner in Ankara, Turkey and so far so good (only 3 weeks out). The initial communications were slow but as soon as I booked, questions were answered within minutes on Whatsapp. Even post-op now, great communication still.

Hair-seeker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went with Pekiner in Ankara, Turkey and so far so good (only 3 weeks out). The initial communications were slow but as soon as I booked, questions were answered within minutes on Whatsapp. Even post-op now, great communication still.
If you went with Pekiner then you surely evaluated HLC as well. What made you move forward with Dr Pekiner?

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you went with Pekiner then you surely evaluated HLC as well. What made you move forward with Dr Pekiner?
I didn't want a variety of doctors working on me. At HLC you don't know who you're gonna get. Also I believe Pekiner is cheaper at $2.5 per graft.

Hair-seeker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't want a variety of doctors working on me. At HLC you don't know who you're gonna get. Also I believe Pekiner is cheaper at $2.5 per graft.
That's fair, although there could be some benefits from that too, not being overworked, etc. But I understand your point.

HLC are somewhat more expensive.

How do you feel about Pekiner hairline designs? Other esthetic aspects?

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fair, although there could be some benefits from that too, not being overworked, etc. But I understand your point.

HLC are somewhat more expensive.

How do you feel about Pekiner hairline designs? Other esthetic aspects?
I didn't see Pekiner looking/feeling overworked. I was the only patient over the course of 3 days and splitting it into two halves with small breaks between worked well for both of us. Regarding the hairlines, they looked very similar to me. It was also important to me that the doctor spoke english and we could communicate effectively on what my goals were, which I may not have gotten at HLC.

Both places are a win though if you're going to Turkey, you can't go wrong.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that sucks for them and for me lol.
I emailed Pekiner's adviser to get the conversation going: infoen@drpekiner.com

Sent in pics, questions, etc. He'll send to Pekiner and decide if you're a good candidate or not. Keep in mind the initial emails can take up to a week for a reply. Once booked and you have his Whatsapp, he texts quick.

roondog7984

My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed Pekiner's adviser to get the conversation going: infoen@drpekiner.com

Sent in pics, questions, etc. He'll send to Pekiner and decide if you're a good candidate or not. Keep in mind the initial emails can take up to a week for a reply. Once booked and you have his Whatsapp, he texts quick.
Thanks.

I was gearing up to go to Erdogan but I just found out he basically isn’t involved in the process anymore so that’s done.

I’m going to email Pekiner right now.