hives

geegee2

Reaction score
ive been using propecia for about 2 months now. the first month it was fine but for about a month now, ive been getting rashes and have been getting hives all over my body. i talked to my doctor about this and he told me to stop taking propecia completely. ive stopped for 5 days now, but the problem seems to be getting worse. should i try cutting down to a .5mg a day dose to let me body adapt before i just quit?

another thing..after the first month, i started taking propecia at somewhat different times..and missed a day or two..could that have set my body chemistry out of whack and caused this?

JJ1980

Reaction score
geegee2 said:
ive been using propecia for about 2 months now. the first month it was fine but for about a month now, ive been getting rashes and have been getting hives all over my body. i talked to my doctor about this and he told me to stop taking propecia completely. ive stopped for 5 days now, but the problem seems to be getting worse. should i try cutting down to a .5mg a day dose to let me body adapt before i just quit?

another thing..after the first month, i started taking propecia at somewhat different times..and missed a day or two..could that have set my body chemistry out of whack and caused this?

Do you get hives when you are stressed out? This is before taking propecia

geegee2

Reaction score
nope, nothing in my life has changed except for the use of propecia. i've also developed a swelling in my upper lip now, and with some googling..i've found out that these are known side effects. what should i do? should i just stop taking propecia? can anyone help me on this?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
geegee2 said:
nope, nothing in my life has changed except for the use of propecia. i've also developed a swelling in my upper lip now, and with some googling..i've found out that these are known side effects. what should i do? should i just stop taking propecia? can anyone help me on this?

I would quit entirely until your body normalizes. (The smart thing to do would be just to stay away from the stuff).

If you're committed to trying again - start out very slowly - maybe .25 mg daily. Build it up to 1 mg daily slowly over time.

If at your initial .25 mg daily dose you still break out in hives and swelling - it's time to look for a Plan B.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
-cj- said:
Any new pets? I haven't read about this happening at all.

Back in my college days - my household switched laundry detergents (we bought a big box of "Tide") and we all experieced body rashes.