Histogen Update-new Vice President Of Technical Operations

Mister_you

My Regimen
Reaction score
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/10/prweb13771238.htm

Regenerative medicine company Histogen today announced that Martin Latterich, Ph.D. has joined the Company as Vice President of Technical Operations.

SAN DIEGO, CA (PRWEB) OCTOBER 18, 2016

Histogen, Inc., a regenerative medicine company developing innovative products from cells grown under simulated embryonic conditions, today announced that Martin Latterich, Ph.D. has joined the Company as Vice President of Technical Operations.

Dr. Latterich brings a wealth of biotechnology experience from both the business and academic sectors to Histogen. In addition to ProterixBio, Inc., a company developing disease management solutions for which he currently serves as Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Latterich’s past professional affiliations include the Salk Institute, Diversa, and Illumina. He has a track record of success in the establishment and growth of science-focused research organizations, team-building, corporate scientific leadership and external collaborations and partnerships. Dr. Latterich has authored 39 publications and one book, has served as Editor-in-Chief of Proteome Science since 2002, and has been the recipient of grant funding from organizations including the NIH, HFSP, March of Dimes, Pew Foundation, and Genome Canada.

Dr. Latterich’s background and expertise in the development and management of research programs will be a tremendous asset as Histogen progresses its hair program through clinical trials,” said Dr. Gail Naughton, CEO and Chairman of the Board. “His guidance will also be very valuable to our joint venture programs in orthopedics and oncology, and we are excited to have him on board.”

Through Histogen’s proprietary technology process, hypoxia-induced multipotent cells naturally secrete an array of growth factors, proteins and peptides which have been shown to stimulate stem cells in the body. Histogen’s lead application, the Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), utilizes these naturally-secreted proteins to stimulate hair growth. Safety and statistically significant hair growth have been seen in two Company-sponsored clinical trials to date, and Histogen is working towards the next stages of clinical development in the United States, and well as through partnerships in other regions.

Histogen will transform the field of cosmetics and regenerative medicine with its innovative cell-free and cell therapeutic technologies,” said Dr. Latterich. “I am genuinely thrilled to join a team as accomplished as Histogen’s at this important juncture in the commercialization process. I look forward to contributing to the success of its commercial products as well as a plethora of future new product opportunities”.

About Histogen
Histogen is a regenerative medicine company developing innovative products from cells grown under simulated embryonic conditions, including low oxygen and suspension. Through this unique technology process, newborn cells are directed to naturally produce vital proteins and growth factors from which the Company has developed its rich product portfolio. Histogen's technology focuses on stimulating a patient's own stem cells by delivering a proprietary complex of multipotent human proteins that have been shown to support stem cell growth and differentiation. For more information, please visit http://www.histogen.com.

seems like a really experienced guy has joined the team and histogen is well on its way to commercial release. We're at a turning point guys, in more than 20 years no treatment other than dutasteride has been approved for hairloss and know we have histogen pushing forward to phase 3 and all these other biotech companies right behind them.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will I be able to get HSC on my face if I ask for it? I'd like to be able to actually grow out my beard.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Hell, WAS or IS supposed to be released end of 2017? Was there another delay that I haven't heard about?

Pretty sure there was some news that it got slightly delayed until 2018. Either a press release or straight from Dr. Naughton.

You have to be super pissed though, if it weren't for those scumbags at SkinMedica that put Histogen into a lawsuit against them, Histogen would have been out already. Karma got the best of SkinMedica though and they lost the case.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there was some news that it got slightly delayed until 2018. Either a press release or straight from Dr. Naughton.

You have to be super pissed though, if it weren't for those scumbags at SkinMedica that put Histogen into a lawsuit against them, Histogen would have been out already. Karma got the best of SkinMedica though and they lost the case.
If/when we hear that the Mexico trials start I think then we'll be able to guesstimate a release time line.

To my knowledge Histogrn hasn't released anything stating those trials have begun or that they've officially secured that Mexican partner.

They def seem to be making overall progress though.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Histogen supposed to be a permanent fix? Like you get the injections in the locations you want hair again and then those hairs develop "DHT Resistant" traits like the ones at the back?

If it's permanent then it seems like the best way for people with really thick hair to regain their high density? hair transplant just moved what you have left around..

Happy to hear this guy is on board with Histogen though, he sounds like he knows his stuff..

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
Is Histogen supposed to be a permanent fix? Like you get the injections in the locations you want hair again and then those hairs develop "DHT Resistant" traits like the ones at the back?

If it's permanent then it seems like the best way for people with really thick hair to regain their high density? hair transplant just moved what you have left around..

Happy to hear this guy is on board with Histogen though, he sounds like he knows his stuff..

I think the last interview they hypothesized that it counters the miniaturization as long as the hair remains in anagen state, which is anywhere from 2-7 years. So they expect it to be effective anywhere between 2 and 7 years.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the last interview they hypothesized that it counters the miniaturization as long as the hair remains in anagen state, which is anywhere from 2-7 years. So they expect it to be effective anywhere between 2 and 7 years.
so when the follicle goes telogen, at the next anagen it's not dht resistant anylonger?
not nice... guess if you have some seasonal shedding soon after the treatment.
money wasted.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Surely the 2-7 years depends on the individual and their hair cycle? Is there a way of finding out the length of your own?

Uggggh, I would have to get Tsuji treatment like twice so I could have my original hair density back :(

I hoped I could just get these injections and be done with it.. Why do the effects even wear off with time?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Complain all you guys want but Histogen is actually getting the ball rolling with their treatment. This would be huge.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

If that were true than the treatment would create a 'freeze' state and you wouldn't get any gains from in, which is clearly not the case from either their photos or their data.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it would. But I'd honestly be surprised if it came out before 2019 with all the BS they keep going through.

Yeah I'm not sure what roadblock they're hitting but I pray this comes out mid-late 2018. Then we can go get sheseido's treatment. That's a cure for NW1-NW3.5

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure what roadblock they're hitting but I pray this comes out mid-late 2018. Then we can go get sheseido's treatment. That's a cure for NW1-NW3.5

What is difference between Tsugi and Shieidos? i thought at one point they were collaborating (i could be wrong)

Edit i mean replicel i think sorry

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is difference between Tsugi and Shieidos? i thought at one point they were collaborating (i could be wrong)

Shiseido is injecting culture Dermal Sheath Cup cells, these cells actually encapsulate the dermal papilla in a follicle and convert into dermal papilla cells (which then convert back to DSC cells and round and round it goes). The theory is that the DSC cells will migrate to miniaturized follicles and revive them to their original state; the more dermal papilla cells in a follicle, the bigger the hair fibre that grows from it (essentially). So, injecting more DSC cells that should convert into DP cells means it restores things to their original state pre-balding; IN THEORY.

Tsuji is creating entire follicles from scratch however these will be early stage follicles before they grow into their full size.

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
If that were true than the treatment would create a 'freeze' state and you wouldn't get any gains from in, which is clearly not the case from either their photos or their data.

It's what she said in the interview with admin though:

"From a mechanism of action standpoint, with the materials in HSC – specifically Follistatin – are BMP antagonists. And so basically the BMP as a result of the DHT, is causing a block on the stem-cell receptors and preventing them from responding to any growth factors. The Follistatin material knocks that block off, and allows the stem cells to receive the signal to start dividing and go into a new anagen. The experts who have reviewed our data believe that once a new anagen is created, that hair will last for as long as the hair cycle in that person would traditionally last (somewhere between 2 and 5 years – which is genetically-based as well as age-related). So we do expect that once the hair cycle reaches completion, it will be subject once again to the DHT. And so the patient could choose at that time to have another set of injections. But the new anagen should last between 2 to 5 years without worrying about the DHT being present."

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
It's what she said in the interview with admin though:

"From a mechanism of action standpoint, with the materials in HSC – specifically Follistatin – are BMP antagonists. And so basically the BMP as a result of the DHT, is causing a block on the stem-cell receptors and preventing them from responding to any growth factors. The Follistatin material knocks that block off, and allows the stem cells to receive the signal to start dividing and go into a new anagen. The experts who have reviewed our data believe that once a new anagen is created, that hair will last for as long as the hair cycle in that person would traditionally last (somewhere between 2 and 5 years – which is genetically-based as well as age-related). So we do expect that once the hair cycle reaches completion, it will be subject once again to the DHT. And so the patient could choose at that time to have another set of injections. But the new anagen should last between 2 to 5 years without worrying about the DHT being present."

clear but not nice.
we have new anagens every day.
so, every day after hsc, some follicles will go back to being hit by dht.
hope i'm wrong.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
clear but not nice.
hope i'm wrong.

Won't have much of an effect though. The growth factors overpower DHT, rendering it ineffective. If you look at their data, results in some (many?) cases continued to improve even after 1 year after the injection. DHT is present in all men, so clearly there's a way around growing hair without worrying about it.

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
clear but not nice.
hope i'm wrong.

I think the point is, anagen phase is very long (2+ years) and telogen is really short (weeks?). I think they are testing multiple injections with like 2-6 week intervals so overall your hair will improve but you only have to do it once every few years. It's not a permanent cure but remember it's looking to be more effective than finasteride, also safe and no mention of side effects.