Histogen - Interview Of Dr. Naughton By Brett Johnson (19 Nov. 2016)

weepysad

Reaction score
I don't understand what are you guys expecting. I don't mind a touch up every few years if it gives me back my hairs. You can treat it as a trip, in my place Hong Kong, many ppl go to Japan once or twice a year, it's the same as going from US to Mexico. I really don't understand what you are still complaining if Histogen pans out given that we have no choices in the next one to two years.

^ Agreed, except it doesn't sound like once or twice a year. It is three visits within a period of 3 months. A regular person might find it difficult to organise it, both financially and time-wise. Anyway, I guess we shouldn't bother our heads with that right now. It has been more than 20 years of promises, news and high expectations without any actual treatments, so even if Histogen is marketed strictly in Antarctica, I'll open a bottle of champagne.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We all know that. I didn't literally mean zero regrowth. Their trials showed minimal regrowth, and I doubt that will improve much in the current trial. So yes, it does give some regrowth, but if they can't dramatically increase the results, the amount of regrowth won't be worth flying to Japan for. You get Histogen to double your hair count and then fly to Japan so you don't lose it again.

Sure, and combination therapy is great

but for someone in my position, who is not a high Norwood, Shiseido makes more sense if you could only afford one trip.

I don't understand what are you guys expecting. I don't mind a touch up every few years if it gives me back my hairs. You can treat it as a trip, in my place Hong Kong, many ppl go to Japan once or twice a year, it's the same as going from US to Mexico. I really don't understand what you are still complaining if Histogen pans out given that we have no choices in the next one to two years.

Like Weepysad said, it's much more than once or twice, spread out across the year. It's like, 3 trips in a season and we'll see you again in a couple years.

Better than nothing, but not a realistic option for perhaps most people.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido will be relatively cheap, so it makes most sense to get that done first, and maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones to get full regrowth from it. If not, you can always try Histogen afterwards. If you get good regrowth from that then just book another trip to Japan to immunize those hairs.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify I believe when she said the price was going to be $1500 per treatment I believe she meant in the United States. Gail goes on to compare the price to a hair transplant where $12000-$15000 tends to be the norm in the United States and nowhere close to the price in Mexico. $4500 is nearly the cost for a hair transplant in Mexico give or take. No way they would sell it that much, plus it would be out of range for a large majority of Mexicans who by no means could afford it at the price.