Hiimnotcool's Story - ( Pics + Update!)

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
Re: hiimnotcool's story

well its been a little over 2 years for me. i started finpecia in january of 07 and have since switced over to fincar. i've DEFINITELY noticed a huge increase in hair count on the top of my head. i can no longer see scalp when my hair is dry. unfortunately it seems the temples are receding a little more now and the hairs there are quite thin. i was using rogaine foam for awhile and it all grew back but i quit using it. i'm thinking of starting it up again continually. ive been using it a few times a week for a month but its probably smart to use it daily. i thank this board greatly for all the wonderful knowledge.

heh.jpg

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score

WOW, thats a brilliant update. Glad to see you've posted 2 whole years on, its great to see that a person can maintain the hairline.

Madness that you gave up the rogaine tho, if you were seeing success with it is there a reason why you quit?

On a side note, i dont think i see the Barker resemblence any more

hiimnotcool

Reaction score

thenational said:
WOW, thats a brilliant update. Glad to see you've posted 2 whole years on, its great to see that a person can maintain the hairline.

Madness that you gave up the rogaine tho, if you were seeing success with it is there a reason why you quit?

On a side note, i dont think i see the Barker resemblence any more

it has definitely maintained the hairlined and thickened everything else up. ill take some hairline and vertex pictures sometime a little later after i drink a few more beers.

i stopped using the minoxidil because i figured id just save it for when i REALLY needed it. i figured that since i know i definitely respond to it then i can afford to wait for a little bit.

keep pressin on because the results do come.

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
As promised. I REALLY need to start with minoxidil again. I've also been biting pieces of the Fincar each day and then putting it back in the package and inside a plastic bag. Do you think that has any effect on efficiency? Should I bite them and put it inside a pill box? I don't know, I'm just paranoid I'm possibly making the drug ineffective.

chrisupdate2.jpg

chrisupdate3.jpg

chrisupdate4.jpg

chrisupdate1.jpg

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
hmm well looks like you SLIGHTLY thinning in crown as well as experiencing miniaturization at the hairline

IMO i think biting the Fincar isn't the best method of splitting it into 4ths

ive been told that the finasteride can degenerate due to oxidation and sunlight so it is best to keep you split finasteride in an air tight pill bottle and and away from direct sunlight

its your call to start minoxidil again

but i think if you care enough about keeping and maintaining your hair you will return to the trusted big 3

thanks for coming back

but may i ask why you have returned after 2 years

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
of course! ive been looking back on this site throughout the years but decided to make a 2 year update just cause its a long amount of time and shows the progress better then 3-9 months. i have been slightly thinning in the crown since 18 and its looked the same since then so im very satisfied. im 23 now. im convinced i wasnt storing my fincar correct as you said because the hairline started getting bad when i began taking it (4 months ago). i put them in an old pill bottle tonight cause i dont wanna deal with the wondering anymore.

hopefully the minoxidil works as it did a couple years ago.

thanks for your insight!!

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
oh and my birthmark is literally a patch of very light blonde hair at the crown so it makes it look like my scalp when it isnt. thats what started my fear. the main problem is the temples at this point i think. wish me luck.

fincar, nizoral, rogaine here i come.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
So how many months has it been since you stopped rogaine, and when did you first start seeing results in these 2 years.

Hope you did'nt have to wait till month 23...

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
it only took 2 or 3 months for results with rogaine. i stopped because (stupid i know) but it gave me too straight of a hair line.

its been about 2 years since i quit. i was on it from around january 07 to march or april 07. maybe may.

Attachments

• dancing.jpg
    dancing.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 559

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i think if you get back on minoxidil you have the potential to recover those "Baby like" hairs on your hairline

Deathcab

Reaction score
I was thinking of starting finasteride and minoxidil too, but is it wise to start finasteride. first and see how that affects me?

Deathcab

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
yes i'd suggest just going on finasteride for a year to evaluate and THEN add minoxidil if you need to. i've pretty much maintained my hairline the past 2 years but thickened up existing hair on finasteride alone. i got kind of lazy with the nizoral after getting great results. you should get that as well (nizoral). it's invaluable. i think the combo of biting my pills and leaving them in a ziplock bag and not consistently using nizoral is what made my hairline thin out. i'm confident that i'll regrow it in the next few months because i'll be getting strict with the regiment again and keeping the pills cut up and in a lock tight bottle.

good luck.

Deathcab

Reaction score
Thanks man for the response. I can just pick up an air tight pill bottle at any drug store?

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
im just using an old tylenol bottle. effective and free. if u get fincar be sure to cut them into 4ths or 5ths and dont bite them. bad idea ha

Obsidian

Reaction score
You experience any sides?

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
On finasteride? No, not that I remember. Sometimes I'm not able to get fully erect but I don't remember if that happened before I started using it. Note that I only said sometimes, which leads me to believe it isn't finasteride because it should be contiinually if that was the case. Now Rogaine sometimes makes my heart rate increase but that's about it.

I'll be posting pics each month to document the progress with The Big 3 combined.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hiimnotcool said:
As promised. I REALLY need to start with minoxidil again. I've also been biting pieces of the Fincar each day and then putting it back in the package and inside a plastic bag. Do you think that has any effect on efficiency? Should I bite them and put it inside a pill box? I don't know, I'm just paranoid I'm possibly making the drug ineffective.

chrisupdate2.jpg

chrisupdate3.jpg

chrisupdate4.jpg

chrisupdate1.jpg

The side of your hairline that looks suspect is the part, right? Isn't that what makes it look like its going?

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
The side of your hairline that looks suspect is the part, right? Isn't that what makes it look like its going?[/quote]

I kind of wondered the same thing. I was looking at the pictures from the front page and was trying to compare the hairline but my hair is much longer now so its kind of hard. I never even worried about it until I grew my hair out and the recession began looking bad when i pulled back the hair. I definitely can tell the hairs in the temple are thin and miniaturizing but it could very likely been that way when I was 19 as well (i'm almost 24).

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
well what color is you hair naturally?

the miniaturization process usually takes a long time

and starts by producing a lighter hair and thinner hair each hair cycle
the same problem happened to me

i didnt notice any male pattern baldness untill i started to grow my hair longer and noticed that some hair is struggling in the growing process

mostly temple points and hairline

good luck with your treatments