High T On Duta Destroying My Hair. Solution?

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you measured your DHT levels in blood? If not, do it

not my DHT levels as it wasn't free at the time, these were the ones I got done a few months ago.
Serum testerone is 30.1 nmol
SHBG 57.4 nmol (10-57 normal in males)
both very high

estrogen serum - 139 nmol (95-225)

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I assume your libido had dropped on finasteride/dutasteride, even with high t levels. These drugs are known to increase estrogen+testerone levels by 15% or so that's common knowledge, however they are not meant to keep your libido high, as one of the main common side effects is decreased libido. If I'm experiencing a high libido for 9 months I know something isn't right especially when my hair is getting worse
DHT is something which triggers the hair loss but after that testosterone too can cause hair thinning.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
has topical spironolactone worked for anybody?

it didn't work for me and I'm pretty sure it feminized me to a certain extent (granted I was applying it after taking a hot shower but still..)

where do you get your topical finasteride? compounding pharmacy?

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any androgen agonist will cause people with sensitive follicles to lose hair. So yes testosterone negatively impacts hair but dht is the main culprit because (dont quote me on the number) its around 5x more potent than testosterone and is found in the skin and around hair follicles.

Look into topical receptor antagonists(blocks the androgen receptor) like cb0301 and ru58841.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jim lahey I think I should skip Ru and go on CB since Cb looks like its going to be FDA approved soon? Im not sure how many people have had success with CB? Ru will never be FDA approved tho ive seen some people have success. I think a Topical AA is 100% important for this hairloss battle so I want to add something.

WilliamHairlove

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I should skip Ru and go on CB since Cb looks like its going to be FDA approved soon? Im not sure how many people have had success with CB? Ru will never be FDA approved tho ive seen some people have success. I think a Topical AA is 100% important for this hairloss battle so I want to add something.
I'm also someone whose follicles are testosterone sensitive and Dutasteride definitely raises free testosterone. You will want to use RU or CB daily to counter this problem. Some people are fine with just finasteride/dutasteride, others are less lucky and experience (too many) side-effects or are testosterone sensitive and keep losing hair.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride.jpg
@StevenGerrard...Dutasteride .5 daily/minoxidil/Microneedling/Revita-Keto

Last edited:

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are at least 25 years old and very desperate for hair, you can look into oral bicalutamide. Most probably it will preserve your sexual function while keeping your hair intact. But before hopping on such an aggressive regimen, do some research about the possible side effects. There are few members on this forum who are taking bicalutamide with great result.

Other options are spironolactone, Cyproterone Acetate , Hair transplant, scalp micro pigmentation , shaved head , wigs. Spironolactone actually worked for me but side effects were real. Bicalutamide is the safest anti-androgen.

You donkey... I am not advising him to take bica. There are many users who regrow their hair on bicalutamide. I never said that bica is safer than propecia.. You stupid moron.

Here is a color code to understand how ridiculous it is too see your *** getting wasted on this thread.

Can you shut the fck up now please

Reactions: INT

jackisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 135064 @StevenGerrard...Dutasteride .5 daily/minoxidil/Microneedling/Revita-Keto

This picture is hilarious. Kudos if it's OC. CB is not known to have great results. I have low T, and get sides whenever I try basically anything. Hair loss has gotten bad enough though, that I'm about to try TRT and then supplement in RU + finasteride, or maybe even RU + dutasteride.

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I assume your libido had dropped on finasteride/dutasteride, even with high t levels. These drugs are known to increase estrogen+testerone levels by 15% or so that's common knowledge, however they are not meant to keep your libido high, as one of the main common side effects is decreased libido. If I'm experiencing a high libido for 9 months I know something isn't right especially when my hair is getting worse
Harvany update? Still using Dutasteride?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if dutasteride and finasteride increase testosterone equally, or does one increase it more than the other?