High Estradiol (e2) Levels After Three Months On Finasteride 1mg

Wanderer90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody ,

This is my first post so be kind please :)

I'm a diffuse thinner and since august 2018 I started my regimen of finasteride 1mg daily (proscar 5 mg splitted in five).

Before starting my estradiol was : 14 pg / ml Range : ( 11,3 - 43,2 pg/mL )
Before starting my total testosterone was : 6,01 ng/ml Range : ( 2,49 - 8,36 ng/mL )

After three months of taking 1 mg finasteride daily my blood tests are :

Estradiol : 39 pg/ml ( Nearly a 200 % increase ) ???
Testosterone : 7,50 ng/ml ( a nearly 30 % increase )

Since on finasteride studies they say that both estradiol/testosterone can be increased with 15 % what the hell is happening on my estrogens level? Do you have any similar experiences ? Should I quit finasteride or go on and risk developing gyno ? I know that my estradiol is in range but I also know that optimal values for males are 20-30 pg/ml.

Thank you

Last edited:

Wanderer90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeap , I was thinking of that option but to be fair I'm not completely aware about the possible side effects of an aromatase inhibitor

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion you should just cut to a much smaller dose, since you're quite sensitive to the drug you should get 1mg tablets instead and cut them into 0.25mg quarters. Unless you want to deal with the trouble of turning the 5mg tablets into powder and diluting it with salt water or mix of water+ethanol.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you have side effects of estrogen predominance, you should continue taking the drug without any changes.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you aren't feeling any sides I don't think you should be to worried, you're still in range after all.

realself

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody ,

This is my first post so be kind please :)

I'm a diffuse thinner and since august 2018 I started my regimen of finasteride 1mg daily (proscar 5 mg splitted in five).

Before starting my estradiol was : 14 pg / ml Range : ( 11,3 - 43,2 pg/mL )
Before starting my total testosterone was : 6,01 ng/ml Range : ( 2,49 - 8,36 ng/mL )

After three months of taking 1 mg finasteride daily my blood tests are :

Estradiol : 39 pg/ml ( Nearly a 200 % increase ) ???
Testosterone : 7,50 ng/ml ( a nearly 30 % increase )

Since on finasteride studies they say that both estradiol/testosterone can be increased with 15 % what the hell is happening on my estrogens level? Do you have any similar experiences ? Should I quit finasteride or go on and risk developing gyno ? I know that my estradiol is in range but I also know that optimal values for males are 20-30 pg/ml.

Thank you
Just curious, did you also measure DHT and if so, what were the levels at baseline vs three months later? Thanks!

Wanderer90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you have side effects of estrogen predominance, you should continue taking the drug without any changes.
Regarding side effects indeed I do not have a significant loss of libido , only some insomnia which I think it's not estrogen related , but neurosteroids related ( 5AR2 also I think regulates conversion of neurosteroids which influences GABA neurotransmitters ).

But another thing concerns me , only before I fall asleep I have a light tingling ( not pain or tenderness ) in my right nipple . I don't know maybe is nocebo or my fear of getting gyno.

Wanderer90

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion you should just cut to a much smaller dose, since you're quite sensitive to the drug you should get 1mg tablets instead and cut them into 0.25mg quarters. Unless you want to deal with the trouble of turning the 5mg tablets into powder and diluting it with salt water or mix of water+ethanol.
Taking 0.25 mg finasteride will not be the same in the long run due to the cumulative effect of this drug? So my estrogen will be on the same high level but it will be a matter of more time ?

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding side effects indeed I do not have a significant loss of libido , only some insomnia which I think it's not estrogen related , but neurosteroids related ( 5AR2 also I think regulates conversion of neurosteroids which influences GABA neurotransmitters ).

But another thing concerns me , only before I fall asleep I have a light tingling ( not pain or tenderness ) in my right nipple . I don't know maybe is nocebo or my fear of getting gyno.
Bro, if you’re having gynecomastia, you would know. Your nipples would be so tender, you won’t be able to sleep on your stomach nor will you able to wear a tight shirt
So a word of advice from a med student, don’t worry about your estrogen unless you start feeling significant symptom.
Good lukc!

Wanderer90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, if you’re having gynecomastia, you would know. Your nipples would be so tender, you won’t be able to sleep on your stomach nor will you able to wear a tight shirt
So a word of advice from a med student, don’t worry about your estrogen unless you start feeling significant symptom.
Good lukc!
Thanks for the info man !
I will take a week off from finasteride and then give it a try with 0.5 mg instead of 1mg . I will also check my estradiol levels after a while on 0.5 mg.