High estradiol and testosterone, OK to start finasteride?

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did some legwork and got a bunch of tests because I'm considering starting finasteride and wanted a baseline reference.
Among other things, I tested for Estradiol and Testosterone by LCMS method. Both of my levels were higher than reference range.
I know that finasteride increases testosterone, which can in turn increase E2 due to aromatization. I'm just worried if my hormonal levels indicate I'm likely to get sides on finasteride, by increasing E2 even higher. Anyone know about this stuff? I'm planning to consult a doctor about my results once more of my tests come in, but in regards to using finasteride and it's potential for side-effects I figured you guys would know more than the average GP. Thanks for any info.

Ryanr01234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Id give it a try and get a test done again in a month of use. That will be the only way to really know. Just have some Tamoxifen and Aromasin (or arimidex) on hand in case your estrogen does shoot up and you experience sides, from my understanding they are both pretty fast-acting.

And if E2 does shoot up you can look to reduce the finasteride dose

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Id give it a try and get a test done again in a month of use. That will be the only way to really know. Just have some Tamoxifen and Aromasin (or arimidex) on hand in case your estrogen does shoot up and you experience sides, from my understanding they are both pretty fast-acting.

And if E2 does shoot up you can look to reduce the finasteride dose
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't heard of those medications until now.