High Dose Ketoconazole And Different Topical Applications

ruffledfeathers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1% Keto in Nizoral can be bough OTC and 2% Keto can be obtained through prescription in the US. I'm curious if there is any data on higher dose Keto? This drug has been around for forever so hopefully I can find answers to the following questions. My main interest in Keto is it's properties as a localized topical anti-androgen.

1) Is there any data on higher dose Keto? Like a 10% shampoo? Do we know what the dosing curve looks like? What is the difference between 1% and 2%? What is the difference between 2% and 10%? Any insight?

2) When I wash my hair with 1% Nizoral, the shampoo is in my hair for like 5 minutes before I wash it out? I couldn't imagine the Keto has fully penetrated my scalp in 5 minutes. It seems like the majority of the drug is just washed away as soon as it's applied. Is there any data or personal experience on using Keto in a foam cream or mixed in a PG/Ethanol solution? Something that could be left in the hair for full penetration. I wonder if microneedling would help with absorption if this is an option.