High Dosage Of dutasteride For A Time Then Maintain With finasteride

K505

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw some guy on this forum (cant find the thread) who took high doses of dutasteride for some time and had good results, then he maintained with regular doses.

he did this after another user did it first and said he should really try it, this involved taking 4-5 dutasteride capsules a day so it was pretty extreme, but it gave results.
or i will just try doing dutasteride everyday (1-2 capsules), i'm currently doing 1-2 weekly.

so to my question, has anyone else tried doing this? i was thinking of doing this then maintaining with finasteride, but i cant find info on this.

i think dutasteride works better with dosage amount (from what i can recall reading), finasteride not.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is stupid steroid mentality. reason why steroid users do that is cuz they plan on being steroids for very short period then recovering the natural hormone production. Hair loss meds or for the rest of your life. You take 4 dutasteride pills in one day your dick is going to stop working as well as shrink you're going to develop gynecomastia and likely stopping medication. Just take one a day until you feel you've recovered as much as possible and then you can take smaller doses.

Prepareyourhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw some guy on this forum (cant find the thread) who took high doses of dutasteride for some time and had good results, then he maintained with regular doses.

he did this after another user did it first and said he should really try it, this involved taking 4-5 dutasteride capsules a day so it was pretty extreme, but it gave results.
or i will just try doing dutasteride everyday (1-2 capsules), i'm currently doing 1-2 weekly.

so to my question, has anyone else tried doing this? i was thinking of doing this then maintaining with finasteride, but i cant find info on this.

i think dutasteride works better with dosage amount (from what i can recall reading), finasteride not.

Dutasteride has already been shown to block up to 98% of the DHT, so basically there would be no point in taking more than the standard .5 dose. You should be taking dutasteride every day though.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride has already been shown to block up to 98% of the DHT, so basically there would be no point in taking more than the standard .5 dose. You should be taking dutasteride every day though.
why everyday? my derm has me on .05 twice a week and 1mg finasteride 5 days a week. No results yet but isnt halflife the reason everyday isnt needed?

Prepareyourhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
why everyday? my derm has me on .05 twice a week and 1mg finasteride 5 days a week. No results yet but isnt halflife the reason everyday isnt needed?

Because it compounds in your system and can be more effective, at least thats what my doctor told me.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it compounds in your system and can be more effective, at least thats what my doctor told me.
I was on .5 once a week +finasteride 6 and had a massive shed for 6 weeks. Was on .5+finasteride 6ays for 4 months. Only upped to .5 twice a week + finasteride 5 days 3 months ago. No results but no noticeable shedding. i am assuming it has built up. My derm was hesitant to put me on more even though I never had sides from 20yrs of finasteride.