high DHEAS levels question

sspard

Reaction score
I went to see a dermatologist after noticing frontal temple thinning and blood tests showed very elevated levels of DHEAS. I was told that these very elevated levels of DHEAS are naturally uncommon in men and that it is very likely the reason behind my thinning. Both sides of the family have fairly good heads of hair and don’t have a strong presence of male pattern baldness. Other results including DHT and Testosterone were within normal ranges though are likely more elevated than they would otherwise be (see below).

There isn’t much work on high levels of DHEAS in men & hairloss. As I understand it:

• Adrenaline gland producing too much DHEA Sulphate
  • High levels of DHEA Sulphate in blood
  • Desulphised to DHEA (interconverts with DHEAS)
  • DHEA in excess of levels in healthy young adults causes testosterone and DHT levels to increase significantly
  • More testosterone
  • Converted to DHT
  • DHT->male pattern baldness

I am well aware of the ‘big 3’ treatments and how they operate, finasteride sides etc.

My question is this: is there anything oral or topical I can take which won’t necessarily reduce the elevated levels of DHEAS but somehow prevents it from significantly increasing testosterone and DHT levels (at some stage, see fig below) which would rebalance/restore my Testosterone and DHT levels to their natural levels without risking sides associated with treatments such as finasteride which aim to directly lower/inhibit DHT?
11.jpg