Hiding A Hair Transplant - Celeb hair transplant

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone share any tips on how to keep a hair transplant secret?

A surgeon said it is possible to shave just the temples down for 2000 grafts or under.

How long will the redness last after surgery and is it possible to style around the shaved temples?

I can book up to a month off work to make this possible.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't know you were a celeb, @JohnsonDDG. Can I get an autograph? :) But, reading the comments in the FUE and photo sections, it seems very hard to hide that slightly bumpy overall redness that persists even after 5 months. I also would be concerned about compromising the surgeon's effort by not shaving everything down as they normally do. I wonder if a topical steroid cream could be used after a couple weeks to reduce inflammation and redness?

Speaking of celeb Rebel Rousers, the great Duane Eddy, back in the day -

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't know you were a celeb, @JohnsonDDG. Can I get an autograph? :) But, reading the comments in the FUE and photo sections, it seems very hard to hide that slightly bumpy overall redness that persists even after 5 months. I also would be concerned about compromising the surgeon's effort by not shaving everything down as they normally do. I wonder if a topical steroid cream could be used after a couple weeks to reduce inflammation and redness?

Speaking of celeb Rebel Rousers, the great Duane Eddy, back in the day -
That sucks to hear.

It means having to tell the girl i'm dating and my workmates.

Its seen as super vain and I would prefer it to be private.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got mine in 2 weeks and couldn't give two shits about what people at work think.

What's vain about wanting to improve your appearance?
Plastic surgery is pretty vain!

Theres nothing wrong with being vain in my opinion - but I think some people will judge you for it.

With all that being said, I do hope it goes well for you

whenwillirecedeyouagain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Plastic surgery is pretty vain!

Theres nothing wrong with being vain in my opinion - but I think some people will judge you for it.

With all that being said, I do hope it goes well for you
Cheers mate, appreciated.

Vanity as an insult in 2018 is not something i would care about, anyone who wears nice clothes, wears makeup, drives a nice car, puts styling products in their hair, would just have the insult thrown back at them.

dhtbaldy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can get through to month 2 it's perfect. I'm trying to find a good surgeon at the moment and keep going back and forth. I am an old member of another forum which is pretty dead as far as live advice is concerned, not sure I can mention it but Spex and Tillman are great mentors on it. My main frustration is the hairline which is thinning in a Norwood 1-2 area but it's been like that for almost 10 years.

WasAGinger

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone share any tips on how to keep a hair transplant secret?

A surgeon said it is possible to shave just the temples down for 2000 grafts or under.

How long will the redness last after surgery and is it possible to style around the shaved temples?

I can book up to a month off work to make this possible.
3 weeks will suffice mate.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
A month is a great amount of time to recover! I would get the procedure done in the winter months so you can wear a beanie etc.. bit odd looking wearing one in the hot summer.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I have three weeks officially off, and then we will see.

Its most likely an emotional thing and It would be impossible to predict if its okay to talk to others about it unless I do it.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
3-4 weeks depending on how fast you heal and how good you follow the post OP instruction. Also what helped me get rid of the redness after was applying Aloe Vera (buy a pure one 90% above) which I stole from my girlfriend. It really helps for reducing the redness. But how can you hide an hair transplant from your girlfriend? I didn't like to talk about it either but she was very open and interested and it helped me a lot and we now both watch new hair growing.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
3-4 weeks depending on how fast you heal and how good you follow the post OP instruction. Also what helped me get rid of the redness after was applying Aloe Vera (buy a pure one 90% above) which I stole from my girlfriend. It really helps for reducing the redness. But how can you hide an hair transplant from your girlfriend? I didn't like to talk about it either but she was very open and interested and it helped me a lot and we now both watch new hair growing.
I'll buy some aloe vera pre op.

I'll buy some concealer/foundation just in case as well to get me through the week or two back at work. The good thing is I can avoid my colleagues for the most part.

Mountinvan

Reaction score
With a no shave FUT you can easily conceal after 2 weeks if you are NW3ish. No one will have the slightest idea. People generally are not as observant abour hair as we think they are.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
With a no shave FUT you can easily conceal after 2 weeks if you are NW3ish. No one will have the slightest idea. People generally are not as observant abour hair as we think they are.
I actually used to be very anti FUT but I have recently changed my mind as I've seen the minor scarring that fue has.

If you are willing to get smp then FUT is fine.

I think FUE is still better than most, and smp is also on option if you over harvest.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll buy some aloe vera pre op.

I'll buy some concealer/foundation just in case as well to get me through the week or two back at work. The good thing is I can avoid my colleagues for the most part.
It's been over a month since my second transplant and I still have a little bit redness.. took several months for the redness to subside after the first transplant too. Everyone is different though so.

At this point I can apply Toppik and basically already look like a fullhead.

Btw after the first couple weeks no one thought I had a transplant or anything done except one guy who had a transplant himself. People just thought I buzzed my head bc I felt like it, 2 girls were like "too bad" and told me I should grow it back LOL.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been over a month since my second transplant and I still have a little bit redness.. took several months for the redness to subside after the first transplant too. Everyone is different though so.

At this point I can apply Toppik and basically already look like a fullhead.

Btw after the first couple weeks no one thought I had a transplant or anything done except one guy who had a transplant himself. People just thought I buzzed my head bc I felt like it, 2 girls were like "too bad" and told me I should grow it back LOL.
I had that when I shaved. A few people online said I look great, but my female friends said grow it back.